Rachel Sixstardanes- How big are your Danes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
We were on vacation in NC and someone had the biggest Dane I have ever seen, His head was at 42 inches tall. He stood by me and had his head straight, so I measured where he came up to on me..

He was solid black and Beautiful!! Very sweet. These people also had a dachund (sp) black and about 8 inches tall -period. Well the little one was the hard to get along with one!

The Dane didnt even know his own size!!

I love seeing yours and Saber seem to be close in size-height so wondered how big yours are?

What is your tallest Dane??

Missy

While doing a past search I came across this post.

I hadn't seen it before - sorry.

Eagle is currently our tallest and he's considered average at about 34".

With his age his bone frame has settled some so they do tend to lose a bit of height just like people do as they age.

For Great Danes the minimum show heights are 28" for bitches and 30" for dogs.

This is at the highest point of the shoulder

The sad thing is tho that these heights are desired & expected when they are just 6 month old puppies.

There are some breeders out there that want big thinking bigger are better.

Alot of the general public is like that too.

However, when people meet Eagle we often get the wows that they've never seen such a large Dane and that he must be a big one. They are very surprised to hear when I say he is of average height.

Incase you are curious Saber is 32" so not much height difference.

Rachel, I forgot I hadnt heard from you on this.

Good to know. This Dane we saw on vacation was the biggest I have ever seen- beautiful solid black and the sweetest personality..

I see why you have them
default_smile.png

Missy

I have a harlequin Great Dane named Rumble. He has never been measured but he is a little taller than my tallest mini(33") at his shoulders. He is 120 pounds and while not skinny, I would like to have maybe 5-10 pounds more on him. He doesn't eat like he enjoys it, only to live. He is a very sweet boy, and I am thinking about getting another as we just lost our old Rottie at age 12.

Latest posts

Back