race...........what race?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
My hubbie, bless his little soul is a race car driver. He races Miatas. So he and his friend, Bob are going to the races in Houston this weekend. Two weeks ago the preparations started. We needed to get the RV up and running again. Haven't used it for three years...been parked in our barn all that time. Well..........it obviously had tennants during that time. Gross!!!! Took me a week of cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning to get all the mouse you-know-what out of it. I had to wash everything that was washable, buy a carpet cleaning machine to do all the carpet and sofas, take all the plates, cups, etc out and run them thru the dishwasher. Ugh, what a job. BUT WAIT.............there's more!!!!

The dang thing is a 36 foot long diesel pusher. So it's BIG....really, really BIG. The battery is dead. Now, it has many batteries actually. There is a giant one to start the thing and then a bank of others for the coach, you know lights and such. So there is another expense....new giant battery. Takes both of us to lift the darn thing it's so big. Then the diesel generator has a broken part...........that's a HUGE expense. But ok, it needs to be done.

So now, it is all clean, all fixed and ready to go. So hubby pulls it out of the barn, and parks it up next to the house in what amounts to our side yard, you know on the grass. Well......it started raining and raining and raining. I mention that maybe we should pull it to the driveway but I am assured that it'll be ok, it's only 15 feet, afterall. To make a long story short. to tow an RV from the yard to the driveway after it sinks in the mud, you gotta get the grand-daddy of tow trucks!!! But we won't go there.

So the very next evening, hubby takes the truck and is going to get the race car trailer from back by the barn onto the driveway and hitched up to the RV. (Now mind you, I had mentioned that maybe we should have tried that the night before when the tow guy was here but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, he said it would not be a problem as he could get a running start).

OK, so to tow a truck and a trailer out of the mud, you again need the grand-daddy of tow trucks, sigh.

That's two nights in a row and we won't even get into the expense. So now we've got a carpet cleaning machine, a battery, a new part for the generator, two (yes, count them two) tows, and I had been cooking and freezing food for two guys for four days. So, exactly when does the fun start?????? I am certainly not having any fun.

And we won't even get into my hubby's mood when things don't go exactly right. Can you say grumpy bear?

All I can say is that they are both in Houston, with the RV and the trailer and the race car and I am still here. Taking the weekend off and enjoying myself.

I do have one side note: HE OWES ME BIG TIME AND HE KNOWS IT. Sooner or later I'm going to call in this marker and he will simply say "yes dear" and get me whatever it is I am asking for.

Just thought I'd share what is going on in my part of the world.

Shelley

default_rolleyes.gif
Isn't it funny? that so much of 'Boys and Their Toys' has to

do with us doing the prep work!!!???
default_smile.png

I know at our house, when I'm racing around getting him ready for his

adventures I have to stop and remember how many many hours he puts

into caring for the critters and he's probably ready for a fun week end of

his kind of activities.

Enjoy your quiet week end .....

Whew, I was tired just reading that!

Now is your time to relax and enjoy the quiet.

...and put on that thinking cap of all the things you can dream up for his big payback.

:DOH!
default_smile.png

Brings back memories! Ahhhh, those RV's can be rascals (not to mention the drivers!).

Sorry for the tow bills, but enjoyed the ride from here -- especially since YOU did the work, not me
default_wacko.png

Let's see, when we diverted our Canadian trip because "he" wanted to buy a model T from a show (and the trailer was also needed, obviously).......well, let's just say that the next horse auction was a "grand affair" for me!!
default_laugh.png

OH -- enjoy the quiet because we both know the cleanup that will be needed at their return.

Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about the clean up. OH NO!!!

He did call just a while ago, he qualified right in the middle of the pack and the races are after lunch. He will race in two races and Bob will race in two on Sunday. So far, so good. He is getting more comfortable with the track and thinks he should finish right in the middle somewhere. He has taken the last several years off from racing as we own two homes and he has spent every weekend working on getting the other one ready to sell. Now that it is on the market, he has time to race again. This weekend he MUST finish two races in order to keep his racing license. So, he is not trying to win, only to finish. LOL

Shelley

Its funny you posted this just now as last weekend we were just talking about this very thing that whenever the hubby wants to have fun or for that matter anyone else either it is always mama who does all the prep stuff and bugga lugging to get it done. Dont feel like the lone ranger.

Wow, this story made me laugh a good belly laugh! It makes me feel better that it's just not my husband and myself having these type of situations happen. Two winters ago, he managed to get three cars stuck in our yard within 20 minutes.
default_new_shocked.gif
Can you imagined what the tow truck driver was thinking. I was ready to {beep} him.

Latest posts

Back