Rabies Vaccine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
It seems in the last couple of years that I've had more reactions from rabies vaccine than ever before. I just don't remember it being an issue in the past, but I have several sore necks today and one really blown up. I hate not to give it, I think it's a pretty important protection around here as we have a creek that draws lots of critters, but I sure hate sore necked horses too.

Jan

I know this goes against what some advise, but I've found less soreness using 1" needles than the longer ones that some recommend. Just in case that could be the answer. Rabies is an important vaccine in my opinion. If I could only give one, it would be tetanus but if I could only give 2 then Rabies would be my other choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year Fort Dodge changed their vaccines, which lead to a LOT of reactions. This is why I don't use any of their vaccines anymore... they are in general, outdated and high numbers of reactions. You can try using a different brand, although the alternatives are a lot more expensive. But, if they react less..... it'd be worth it!

Latest posts

Back