R National Notes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather

Reaction score
Notes:

LPGA (Ladies Golf)happening in Tulsa @ same time = Hotels in demand

Nutrena Feed -- J&R will deliver to show if needed (918) 371-9359

(NOT a SALES Pitch ---- Meant to help with room & hauling cost)

There is a very LARGE cluster of motels at I44 & Memorial(31st) behind a very large Western Store=Drysdale& Calvander Western store & Cracker Barrel, Pizza Hut, Subs, MACDonalds, IHOP. (Extended Stays, Super 8, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn, etc. etc. etc)

Then travel North up Memorial to 15th; LEFT to fairgrounds. Very easy; very close!

Also Hampton Inn, Sleep Inn, Fairmont By Marriot, Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western Tulsa Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Several extended stays motels; In all over a dozen motels together(32__ street addresses mostly)

Target, Sears, Lowe's, Reasor(large Grocery Mart), Walgreens, etc are across the street from Tulsa State Fair Grounds...

If any questions about Tulsa Area; I will try to help; WE ALL WANT YOU TO HAVE A VERY ENJOYABLE TIME WHILE VISITING HERE!!!!!

"A Central Region' just over here planned for 400 horses per Fair Grounds...

"R Nationals" are planning for 1800 horses per Fair Grounds...

(Had 1585 horses in 2004)

Several new barns are under construction currently...

Fair Grounds Entry is best from 15th Street...& is between Harvard & Yale(N_S Streets)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Tulsa feed with deliver also. I *think* it was them who brought us our feed AND shavings (lots and lots of them!) last year
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]They have an office a sort of feed store right on site that sells feed and shavings. They are located at the end of barn C. Also if you havent made reservations get cracking because most places are sold out. We make our reservations in April to get the same hotel .... it is the Tulsa Sleep Inn and suites. rooms are 40-48 dollars per nite for the suites with either a king or two doubles and a pull out couch with a kitchenette.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Most anything you need is close by the Fair Grounds in Tulsa.

The University of Tulsa is less than 1 mile away. Football is out of town this week.

Feather, thanks so much for all that info!

Last year, we only ventured out as far as the grocery store. We didn't want to miss a thing at the show!!

Someone refresh my memory, please, regarding shavings. Maybe we brought our own but, if they're for sale there, how much are they?

Also, my husband keeps nagging at me to ask this. Can we find out before we go where our stalls are going to be? If so, do we just contact Lenard directly?

yes.gif

Sunny said:
Feather, thanks so much for all that info! 
Last year, we only ventured out as far as the grocery store.  We didn't want to miss a thing at the show!! 

Someone refresh my memory, please, regarding shavings.  Maybe we brought our own but, if they're for sale there, how much are they?

Also, my husband keeps nagging at me to ask this.  Can we find out before we go where our stalls are going to be?  If so, do we just contact Lenard directly?

451560[/snapback]

You can call Lenard, but the assigments may not be done until JUST before show time.

I think shavings are (were) $6.00/bag, which is why we bought a load from (I think) Tulsa Feed and had them delivered (along with our grain, beet pulp, hay and BOSS) . I'm using mats in the front half of the stalls & woody pet in the back half. I *hate* shavings now
yes.gif

I bought 14 eight paks of interlocking mats 2' x 2' mats at Sam's this week...ouch, but I get to reuse them next year! I've used them for several years on the outside of the stalls for tying horses between classes. This year we are putting them on the inside and they can be tied there if needed
yes.gif

Just remember when you come out of the fairgrounds and are going on Harvard take a right to all the restraunts. Just keep going the mall is there, Outback, Applebees, Don Carlos, lots of good places to eat. JMO but dont eat at the route 66 its the opposite way. The lady at the microtel told us to eat there last year and uggghhh. A different lady this year told us the same, when I was there for centrals. I went yeah right.

Leaving the fair grounds on the south; turning right on 21st for about 3.5 miles brings you to an up-scale older shopping center(Utica Square); right across the street from St John Hospital(Very large).

Left on 21st to Yale & then south to 41st = two moderately sized shopping centers.

Southroads Mall & Promenade Mall(Inside halls).

Then LEFT on 41st has several more eating & shopping areas.

Continue West on 41st to Sheridian, hang a right-South for 1/2 mile = Sam's.

ANY ANY direction you go from the Fair Grounds = food & shopping.

The LARGEST SHOPPING AREA is at 71st & memorial.

It only depends on what you are looking for.

Out North side on 15th & hang LEFT(West) for 1 mile & you find a LARGE bakery on 15th street. Conitue on 15th for about 4 or 5 miles; just past Albertson's and you find nice mile of food choices(Cherry Street). Also the main AAA travel office is there on 15th next to a Post Office.

DO NOT stick to the Fair Grounds for lack of knowledge of where to go; just ask someone from the area.

The ONLY Caution(& mild at that) DO CROSS NORTH of I244(6 lane expressway) that is about 2.5 miles North of Fair Grounds unless you know where you are going.

Latest posts

Back