Quiet Dell Farms Dispersal Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RENMACMINIS

Quiet Dell Farms here in WV is having a dispersal sale this saturday they have approx. 80 horses for sale.. most of them mares with foals by side and rebred. I am going and I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be there???

I have the link to their website if anyone is interested in seeing what he has for sale.. all of them or most all of them are AMHA reg. he has some horses for sale with the IONA and Sweetwaters and 4G's prefix

Can you post the link?
smile.gif

sorry wasnt sure if i was allowed to or not.... but here it is.. and if this isnt allowed i will understand if it is removed...

http://quietdellfarms.com/

hope this works.. this is my first time for trying to post a link.

I would like to go but dont know if I will get to, I have to depend on my sister for a truck. I have been to the site and seen th e leapord apps that are going to be auctioned off , to bad I cant be there I love spots.

I will be there with the grumpy looking hubby.. who would want to go play golf when you could attend a horse auction???? I will also be there with a 7 yo strawberry blonde and a 3 yo very ornery blonde.. my daughters.. if you go watch for them.. they will be the ones saying "ohhhh mommy i like that oneeee" lol

A friend of ours has attended his sells before in the past. If this is the same farm, they have been having a dispersal sale every year for the past 4 or 5 years
biggrin.gif

I didn't see any horses that I would buy, but I'd buy the farm! Never been to West Virginia..... looks pretty

Getitia -- I was going to say that but didn't know if we should! Yes, that "dispersal" sale has been going on for years. The first time, I thot about going & couldn't. Then I realized it's every year. I know because I get a post card about it every year.
rolleyes.gif
That doesn't mean you wouldn't find your heart's desire there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew he had a sale every year.. and he called them dispersal sales.. but his health has went down hill very fast this past year from what I have been told. I have talked to his wife and she is a very nice lady to talk to. This is going to be their last sale ALL HORSES ARE TO BE SOLD at this one. as they can no longer give them the care and attention they need. They have already sold approx. 120 horses since spring and have only about 80 left.. the breakdown says this..25 mares with foals by side most bred back. 15 2 year olds bred for next year
sad.gif
. 20 fillies, and 5 proven studs and 12 yearlings. yes the dates (years) listed on the site are wrong. She apologized for that. from what I gather I think the farm is for sale also. But I dont know for sure about that. O and most of the pictures on his site are outdated by 2 years also. I know he doesnt have much if any on the drop dead gorgeous show horse side but I seen a few mares on his site that I wouldnt mind having grace my fields. As long as any horse can handle being loved on by my own 2 daughters my 2 nieces and nephew.. it has a home in my pasture for life. I am not looking for show horses just some good horses for the kids to have to show at our local fair and to ride if possible and for me to train to drive around here on the back country roads that i live on.

My friend who attended his sales has picked up some nice horses in the past - so my reply was not meant to be viewed as critical of his horses (that is what I dislike most about e-mail - things can be taken wrong
unsure.gif
) - the purpose of my reply was really to only focus on the fact that "every" year for many years he has advertised by postcard and in the various publications that his sale is a "dispersal sale".
new_shocked.gif
To me, when I attend a dispersal sale, my expectations are different than an annual production sale. I would be very surprised if they completely disperse, as (now this is second hand), last year the story was the same as this year - they were dispersing due to health reasons as well
wink.gif

Have fun and enjoy the sale
saludando.gif

Getitia, I know it wasnt meant that way.. I was actually agreeing with you that most of his horses arent "show quality" that most of them are actually only "pet quality" it makes no difference to me either way I am in it b/c of my kids and my nieces and nephew. They love the little ones. Whatever I buy has a lifetime home here and will be buried here when its time to go comes. I am not in it for the money or the glory. I am only looking at buying one maybe two at this sale depends on the prices and conditions of the horses. I just heard about the Health issue thing this year but then again I havent really been looking to buy anymore minis... i have been just looking.. lol. and I agree.. when it says dispersal sale that to me means EVERYTHING goes. not just what meets the price you have it set at. I have tried calling Mr. Starkey all morning his answering machine is full so I have emailed him. As soon as i hear something back from someone I will let you know. As I have asked him in the email if this is a complete dispersal sale or just a production sale and if there are any reserves on the horses and if he has a complete sales list available.

Let you all know as soon as I hear something.

no.gif
Just got off the phone with Mr. Starkey... he is only selling approx. 70-80 horses at this sale... he still has approx. 200 head.. he is going out of business but only by so much each year?? doesnt make sense to me if your going out of business why keep breeding them? then selling? then breeding more??? why not just sell them and be done with it??? he does have reserves set on the horses he is selling... he is expecting to get 800.00 and up for his fillies and 1200.00 and up for his bred mares.... he never gave me a price for colts and stallions... just said they varied.. and no he doesnt have a sales list.. he is just selling whatever horses he picks to sell ?????
wacko.gif
anyhow im sorry i thought this was a "going out of business" "dispersal sale" didnt know some ppl go out little by little instead of all at one shot.. who knows.. i am still going to go.. never know what one might find..
yes.gif
anyhows im sorry for posting this since i guess it isnt a dispersal just a production sale...

I see this as being VERY deceiving when in fact his website clearly states:

"Complete liquidation sale September 10, 2005! Click here for information! All horses will be sold! "

right on the main page of the site.
no.gif

A friend of mine was wanting to go, but when I pulled up their site, there was not anything I'd want to buy, and I think most mares are in foal to their stallions, which wasn't at all of interest to me....

Just got off the phone with Mr. Starkey... he is only selling approx. 70-80 horses at this sale... he still has approx. 200 head.. he is going out of business but only by so much each year??
You know Sherry - it would appear that he has been doing this same type of advertising for years - same story each year and then each year he breeds more - repeats the story.

In our limited experience- "dispersal" sales tend to draw more people than a "production" sale - Perhaps he just doesn't know the difference between a "dispersal" and a "production" sale
rolleyes.gif

I think this is very wrong.. somewhere along the lines of False advertising??? Correct me if I am wrong.. but why say its a dispersal if you are only selling part of your stock.. wouldnt it be better to say partial dispersal? or Herd reduction sale??? and if "all horses are to be sold" then why are you putting reserves on them? grr.. this really irratates me.. and I know he isnt going to be selling most of these horses then b/c in the past year there have been 3 other mini farms in the same area as he is that have sold out or have drastically cut their herds to very few... there is no market for minis here in WV. My 2 mares were exposed to a stallion this spring. No not the one I saved from the end of the dog chain. But to a very nice B&W pinto mini stallion. But I have plans to keep these foals. For my kids and my sisters kids enjoyment and for me to one day train to drive and to play with when i get to old or my knees get to so bad that i can no longer ride a my big horses. I think i am still going to go saturday.. just to look around and maybe to have a "little talk" to Mr. Starkey about how he advertises his sales are very decieving.. dont know if it will do any good.. but it might make me feel better. I probably will end up not buying anything and that day end up a wasted day. but ya never know.

Getitia... your friend that has went to his sales.. have they ever said if they no sale more than they sale????

Getitia... your friend that has went to his sales.. have they ever said if they no sale more than they sale????
The past practice has been - if the horses do not bring the price that he is expecting, he does no sale them. At his prior sales, my friend mentioned that , more have been sold than no saled.

Hope this helps

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

RENMACMINIS said:
Quiet Dell Farms here in WV is having a dispersal sale this saturday they have approx. 80 horses for sale.. most of them mares with foals by side and rebred. I am going and I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be there???
462966[/snapback]

I have purchased

2 horses in the past from this farm. FIrst horse papers were fine. However the 2nd horse was a 2 year old and they had never sent the papers in. When I tried to get the horse registered, she didn't match any of the horses we had to have DNA'D. I talked to another big well know farm who also purchased a mare off of the who was bred. Needless to say they could not get the foal registered. So if you go to his sale you need to make sure the horse has it papers already. He likes to sale them with only the very first papers you send in to get the foals/horses registered. If you are unable to get the horse registered, you are S.O.L.....He will tell you if you read the paper he had you sign it states no guarentee. Just wanted folks to be aware of what has happen to me and at least someone else. PS, this is the 3 yr he has said he is going out of bussiness. But at the sale, if the horse isn't bring what he thinks it should he says no sale...

Latest posts

Back