Quick update on Kody

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great Daryl! I was going to send you an email and see how she was coming.
default_smile.png

Leia

That's great news. I am making arrangements to geld Koda Bear and then hoping to send him off for training. The guy who trains and drives the horses with the Wells Fargo Stage Coach lives about 1/2 mile from me. He still does training so I will speak with him about training Koda. He has trained minis in the past. Then while he is in training and hits the road I will see him going by my house and around town. He will be safe to drive anywhere. Because of his color he will look awesome in harness. Especially that flaxen mane and tail against the really dark color of his head and butt. Maybe by end of season we will be ready for beach drives with the group.
default_aktion033.gif

default_risa8.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Awesome news! He must feel really good if he's trying to kick the vet!
default_wink.png

Keep it up Kody!

~Rebecca

Leia, I am really so excited for you. I think you will finish out your year at prelim, and be ready for intermediate next year where you can give Merridy a run for her money! I don't think Kody is losing much fitness, judging by what I saw of he and the red-headed kid running up and down the fenceline. What a couple of characters!

Can't wait to see him at the schooling weekend, back in his cart and ready to rumble!!! :D

P.S.: I did a trial run with the tent yesterday, was able to put it up all by myself in 30 minutes! I am ready for some CDE campin' with my girl Ally! Oh I love this time of year, I am so excited about the possibilities of the upcoming season!!! Oh, also, I found the PERFECT jacket to match my new hat! It all looks great! Now I have to sew a black apron.

P.P.S.: Thank you so much for coming out and doing all the wonderful photos for me. There are quite a few that came out beautifully! I am sure I will have plenty for the magazine article, and also many of my babies for my own collection. I will be posting some later when I get them cropped and color-corrected.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Leia, I am really so excited for you. I think you will finish out your year at prelim, and be ready for intermediate next year where you can give Merridy a run for her money!
Oh, I am SO not moving up that soon! *LOL*
default_new_shocked.gif
My original plan at the end of last year had been to train consistently all winter and spring including some beginning collected trot work and then spend the summer solidified our Prelim skills while my trainer was gone back East. I figured with that and another winter of dressage work we might be able to move up sometime in 2009 if he was coming along well.

Unfortunately the timing of the surgery was such that his recovery period will last exactly as long as my trainer is still in the state so those plans are shot.
default_rolleyes.gif
I'll be lucky to get his lengthened trot correctly reestablished! :DOH! I love my dressage and was really looking forward to a chance to work on it in depth but it looks like this is going to be a marathon and breed show year as that's what I know how to work on at home. Besides, why rush? Yes we could get titles as one of only two Intermediate minis in a four-state area but they'd be hollow as I know he isn't ready for that work yet. I've got a lot of stuff to work on at Prelim and can stay completely content improving every little thing at that level and then beginning the foundations of Intermediate work when my trainer comes back next winter. I appreciate the vote of confidence though and Kody does have the habit of surprising me with how fast he learns so I won't rule anything out.
default_wink.png

P.S.: I did a trial run with the tent yesterday, was able to put it up all by myself in 30 minutes! I am ready for some CDE campin' with my girl Ally! Oh I love this time of year, I am so excited about the possibilities of the upcoming season!!! Oh, also, I found the PERFECT jacket to match my new hat! It all looks great! Now I have to sew a black apron.
I really should have you or Shannon sew a hemline and tie string on my so-called "apron." It's been three years and it's still a square of cloth straight off the bolt!
default_biggrin.png
We simply Don't Sew at my house. I remember how from home ec class but don't have a sewing machine that works, or at least that I know how to work.

P.P.S.: Thank you so much for coming out and doing all the wonderful photos for me. There are quite a few that came out beautifully! I am sure I will have plenty for the magazine article, and also many of my babies for my own collection. I will be posting some later when I get them cropped and color-corrected.
default_cheekkiss.gif
You're welcome! There's a couple I really love that if you don't post I will.
default_smile.png
I enjoyed our day and the pizza you so kindly offered me even if I did end up taking Kody for his walk at midnight.
default_unsure.png
He didn't mind!

Leia

Back