Quick trip to Nationals,,and so glad I did

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Decided almost at the last minute, for sure, to go out to Tulsa. So Sunday I packed up and drove the 12 hours. Watched Monday and Tuesday, not much sleep, and packed up Weds. to drive the 12 hours home. Way beyond tired, but it was so well worth it. Have a feeling I am going to pay for it later, but still too excited to really feel how tired I am.

Phantom looked and did awesome!! Getitia has done such an awesome job with him, you would of never have guessed he was a baby and at his first show. Once he went down for his first class, he ended up being down there for over 3 hours because so many classes soon after and he was a perfect little guy. He got tired near the end, but we all were and we weren't made to stand and behave.

The one I am most proud of, in the Futurity Stallion and Gelding class (foal, over), in a large class, he placed 3rd with Brenda Plass showing him!!! He was so good you would of thought he had done this a million times. This class is suppose to be the best of the best and he was right up there. We had to giggle as just about everyone, including several big time trainers, said, "She did WHAT?" When they found out I had already had him gelded. But what a nice compliment. Especially coming from a few of those who have 20+ years of mini experience.

Phantom turned right back around and went into the Gelding Foal Over class and was National Reserve Champion!!! Mike McCabe showed him in that class and I think Phantom would of showed for him all day, he was just going to keep going! The judges placed him 1-2-2. Mike and Phantom went back in for the Jr. Over All Grand and although they did not get a top 2 placing, I went up and looked at the Judges cards and he did get a 4th. Not so bad for a baby going against 7 other top national geldings.

I can't thank Getitia, Les, Kris, Brenda and Mike for doing such a comined AWESOME job with this boy. He will be coming home on his way back from Nationals. There were so many inquiries on him being for sale, we decided maybe we needed to put a sign on his stall saying, no this horse is NOT for sale.
default_laugh.png

Thanks for allowing me to share, I so love this boy.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I was so excited to be able to get to go out at all and seeing him at his first Nationals and do so well.

And all others are doing a great job out there!

Hope to share National Pictures later.

But here he is a month ago!

phantom8.jpg

Congratulations!! Getita and the horses they have bred are having an amazing Nationals.

Congratulations, Getitias horses are truly awesome. Not only beautiful, but have hugh hearts and are willing to please. Good luck in the future with your little guy.

Congratulations Carolyn! Phantom is spectacular!!

Fran

Oh what a wonderful feeling!!!!!!!!! So awesome for you Carolyn! Congrats for all of you. Sounds like one of those perfect memories!

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations, he really is awefully handsome!
default_wub.png

Thank you guys so very much for the nice words, but I more than realize I did nothing but pay the bills. As you may well know, at Nationals that is the easy part.

I just can not wait to see what the future holds for this boy. Not only is he nice looking, and knows it,, he has the best show attitude. He wanted to continue to show even when the judges were done.

I also need to thank Connie and Tim who got him out there safe and sound, they even went so far to build him a little "playpen" in the back of their trailer, and Denise and Lonnie for babysitting for a few days. I so appreciate all these wonderful people!!!!! It took all of them to make it happen. That is why mini horse people are the best!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thats the kind of gelding I like, the one that people say Why did you gelded him!!! Those are the ones that rock.

Hes very nice.

He's stunning Carolyn!
default_yes.gif
Congrats!!!

What a wonderful feeling to have such a great group of people helping you!

We sure are rather proud of him,thank you for the nice response. I can't wait for him to come home, this week. He has a wonderful attitude and is going to be so much fun.

It took a LOT of people to make it all happen and thanks doesn't seem to be enough, these people are the best

Thanks again!

Congrats Carolyn on Phantom's placings
default_aktion033.gif
He did awesome!!

It was nice to meet you as well. Maybe next time we'll have more time to talk.

Latest posts

Back