Quick Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

If you send a horse to a trainer, does any one know about how much that would cost? Any idea?

Last edited:
If we are talking about full size equines. It depends on many factors but for most around here, it starts at $500 a month. If it's for breaking (a 3 month mininium) with show horses ( 1 year mininium). Then there are extras: vet, farrier, show prep, trailoring, supplies..etc. Top notch trainer start around $1,000.

Well here it depends on the horse.. is it halter broke, calm ect. Also how much you want done... do you want it just started or a finish show horse.

I know one trainer who charged $25 a day.. other charge by the month, some a flat fee.

I have taken one to be started. it cost me $250 he was there 10 days. He was very green, but my dauther wanted to finsh him herself.

Your best bet is to look at your local area. Prices very alot.

It truly depends on the trainer. Well known trainers may well charge much more just because they are well known BUT you can find excellent trainers that aren't "breed" reknown and get the same results and then you luck in like I have - finding a trainer who is well respected, caring towards his trainees (horses) for less than what I would pay someone who has much less experience of exposure in the breed. I would highly suggest that you research who you are interested in perhaps using and talk to former clients of that trainer to get a good over-all picture of what the trainer has accomplished in the past and how the animal was treated and were ther expected results achieved.

Latest posts

Back