Quick question- russet lining on black harness?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrown

Reaction score
Is this "show acceptable," for CDE use? Anything I'd have to keep in mind for planning my turnout (ie do I need a certain type/color cart to "match" the harness)? A forum search and google search didn't turn up any useful info. I found a nice used one, but don't want to buy something that I can use for driving around at home as well as for CDEs (well, hopefully there are some CDEs in my future!). Thanks in advance!

Absolutely it's acceptable. CDE's accept just about anything as long as it's safe and comfortable! Pleasure Driving shows are the ones that are picky about niceties like what lining goes with what cart.

Leia

Thanks Leia! I was hoping that would be the answer
default_smile.png

Here is an example of my horse using a russet lined harness in a combined driving event.

385656_4556493277676_1356774100_n.jpg

Lovely turnout! Hope the harness looks as good on dark horses as it does on your horse!!

Well, it's here, and very pretty! I think it looks nice on Skippy, and fits her perfectly.

Skippy new harness.jpg

She sure does! Kandy has a black and brass version of the same harness, so now the girls don't have to share
default_smile.png
Kandy's is a sliding backband, which is really nice, so I'm thinking about buying a SBB saddle for this harness... Just need to find one that's made for Skippy's un-mini-like shape (very narrow withers and little fat over her back).

Did you ask Janie at Chimacum about a saddle that would suit, maybe you can trace her back and send them the lines it would have to follow???

Matthijs.

I haven't- didn't know she might do custom stuff! I'll shoot her an email. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back