Quick Book Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrat

Reaction score
Carriage Driving: A Logical Approach Through Dressage Training

by Heike Bean

I've read about every book I could get my hands on, but this book. I've seen it has good reviews. But is it for advanced driving not just training to drive? Does it explain things like half-halts, what proper bending and correct way the horse is to pull or carry himself when pulling the cart - example using the hind quaters correctly.

I'm not from a Dressage background so many of the terms used in driving talk are somewhat foriegn to me. And I thought maybe this book could help put it into perspective.

Thanks.

That book starts with the basics, ground work, and goes right through to describe, in detail, the six training levels of dressage and all the skills you're working on at each level, as well as exercises to work on and problems you're likely to encounter and how to deal with them. And a whole section on half halts! There's photos and drawings of the correct frame to work toward whatever level of training your horse is at. It's a great book!!

Great thanks for the info.

Sounds like a good investment
default_aktion033.gif

The BEST driving book!

Also something I discovered at one of the driving clinics I attended was a soft cover book(s) entitled "The Best of the Whip", published by the ADS.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the single most valuable driving book I own, and believe me I own a lot of them. Don't walk, RUN to buy it!

Leia

Back