Quick AMHA Reg. question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keri

Reaction score
I don't deal with AMHA often and just noticed my guys papers need to go from temp to perm. Do I need to include pics with this or can it just be done without? Couldn't find an answer on their website. Thanks!

Rule of thumb, AMHA send pictures everytime you send in paperwork (foal application, temp to perm, new ownership transfer), AMHR only if there aren't any photos on file and (I think) temp to perm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a DUMMY with the AMHR registration rules......... sorry.

With AMHA, when ever there is a registration change, they want new pictures.

Thanks! I was hoping that wasn't the answer as now I have to go take pics and get them developed so that we can hit our local show May 1st.
default_wacko.png

According to the transfer on the AMHR website you need photos, I know you are asking about AMHA but if someone reads this and thinks you dont need it for the R they will be getting back their paperwork back,

THIS TRANSFER WILL BE INVALID IF ALTERED IN ANY WAY

Submit 4 current photographs of the animal (1) Full profile/side view of left side; (2) Full profile/side view of right side; (3) Full

facing forward frontal view; and (4) Full rear view. All four legs must be seen from both sides; markings on face must be

visible. All photos should include all parts of the animal available in that view (ears to hooves or nose to tail inclusive) and be

unobstructed by any other object or animal. Photos must be a minimum of 3” X 5” and a maximum of 4 X 6”. Scanned, digital

or computer generated photos, if they are received on photographic paper, are acceptable. Additional photos should be

submitted to verify markings not seen in the standard four photos (i.e., white on belly, markings under mane area, etc). Label

each photo with first choice of name and owner’s name on the back. All Photos will be kept on file.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP

1. Either the buyer or seller must be a current member of the American Shetland Pony Club/American

Miniature Horse Registry/American Show Pony Registry.

2. Each transfer form must be completely filled out by the seller or authorized agent in his own

handwriting.

3. Please PRINT all required information.

4. If certificate is to be forwarded to anyone other than the party sending in the work, the registry

office must be notified in writing.

5. Please send the completed transfer, original certificate, photos and proper fee to:

THE AMERICAN SHETLAND PONY CLUB

81-B E. QUEENWOOD RD.

MORTON, IL

Actually, I just sent in a bunch of AMHR paperwork and they promptly told me that you DO NOT have to send in pictures IF THE REGISTRATION PAPERWORK ALREADY HAS PICTURES ON IT. Doesn't matter if they are baby pics either, as my 2y/o still has his foal pics on there. 

I have sent pictures before with work and had AMHR send the pictures back to me saying they didn't need them since there were already pictures on their papers.

Latest posts

Back