Questions for those who sell items/services

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I guess this applies to those who run small business online (ebay, tack shops, crafts, art). I am trying to decide whether or not to start a small business online (kind of like selling crafts), and more importantly, if it would be worth doing. I hope that some of you could answer a couple of questions that I have.

Do you accept payment through a paypal account, and if so, how do you recieve the money?

How do you advertise your business for others to see?

Do you have to pay taxes on your online business, like you do at a normal job?

I guess I'm still a little sketchy on the basics, so any other information you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Do you accept payment through a paypal account, and if so, how do you recieve the money?

It's been a long time since I set it up, but when I sold some horse related items I no longer used on eBay, I had to turn my account into a merchant account. It was simple at the time, just a few clicks, and then I could accept credit card payments.

How do you advertise your business for others to see?

If it's horse related, right here is a great and affordable option by using banner ads.

Do you have to pay taxes on your online business, like you do at a normal job?

You should talk to a CPA probably. You will owe taxes as any income generates taxes. You should probably not have sales taxes on sales made out of your state, but you'd do well / get on the right track by consulting a CPA. There may also be some good books on the subject, too.

I guess I'm still a little sketchy on the basics, so any other information you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated.

You may need to file a fictious (sp?) name certificate in your county. I've done that for my DBA's for my business (Senior Resources and O'Roark Asset Management -- these are different than my corporation, Investment & Tax Strategies, Inc.).

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back