Questions about rehoming my boys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichmond

Reaction score
Hi All,

With great sadness, we are looking to sell our property and move back into town, which unfortunately means rehoming our yearling boys, Ziggy and Theo. I don’t have a clue how to go about it. Both boys are registrable, and have good bloodlines. Ziggy is a flashy black and white pinto. Theo is dark brown or black with a star. I’m sick about the whole thing. How do I go about this to make sure they have the best homes possible? Thanks in advance!

A few years ago, I rehomed a 7 year old, trained, mini gelding, Spirit, for a friend who passed away and, as you stated, a responsible home was a must, especially as he was free - a gift in memory of his former owner. I contacted the 4H Program at the state office for help.They were able to put me in touch with a chapter close to me and consequently a good home.

Spirit was registered, but his papers were lost by the spouse as he dealt with his loss, so he could not be shown in ASPC/AMHR shows, but has been competing in 4H. I had the pleasure of being invited by his new family to watch Spirit and his new partner at the County Fair. It was great fun to see the new Team Spirit! Perhaps you have a local 4H chapter?

All the best as you start a your new chapter!

Oh how sad. That must be a very difficult decision for you, I can’t even imagine my life without these little guys. Could you board them instead of getting rid of them? Full board, partial board, something, anything? Could you move back to town to a place that doesn’t have any restrictions? These little guys don’t need much space.

I know a bunch of people who don’t like Craigslist, but I love it and have used it with great success. You’ll be able to find them a good home, their age and beauty are on your side. There are some really great people out there who would love to have them!! ♥♥

Good luck to you!!! You’ll have to tell the new owners about this forum!!

Last edited:
I believe you can also post an ad here. We went through this about a year and a half ago, because of my husband's health. And somehow ended up still here but with no animals. Thanks to the virus.

Hi All,

With great sadness, we are looking to sell our property and move back into town, which unfortunately means rehoming our yearling boys, Ziggy and Theo. I don’t have a clue how to go about it. Both boys are registrable, and have good bloodlines. Ziggy is a flashy black and white pinto. Theo is dark brown or black with a star. I’m sick about the whole thing. How do I go about this to make sure they have the best homes possible? Thanks in advance!
Where are you located. Have 2 mares and I live at boarding stable and some ladies have interest in having a mini along with regular horse. I am in southwest pa. not far from Morgantown w,va.

Last edited:
Where are you located. Have 2 mares and I live at boarding stable and some ladies have interest in having a mini along with regular horse. I am in southwest pa. not far from Morgantown w,va.
I’m in Aliquippa, Beaver County.

Latest posts

Back