Questions about AMHA Permanant Registration and Hardshipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildhorses

Reaction score
I know I read on here after the convention earlier this spring that the Age for Permanant Registration for AMHA was changing from 5 years of age to 3 years of age. Is this still happening, and if so has it already taken effect or when will it be taking effect?

I also have a question about hardshipping. Will this rule also apply to hardshipping horses? I thought last year would be the very last year that my AMHR foals would be eligible to be hardshipped into AMHA should they stay under at the age of 5 due to the registry closing it's books in 2013. Now with this new rule of permanant registration at age 3 rather than age 5, does that give us all 2 more years of foal crops to possibly hardship, ie: my 2009 and 2010 babies, as they would be 3 and 4 years of age by 2013 when the books close for AMHA?

One last question. I have a few mature mares I want to hardship. Who do I have to have measure and inspect these horses? Is it a current AMHA judge, current or past AMHA director, one person, two people? How can I go about finding out possible people to contact in my region to measure and inspect my horses? What do these people usually get for compensation? I've never done it before so not sure how it all works. Thanks for your time and input!

I know I read on here after the convention earlier this spring that the Age for Permanant Registration for AMHA was changing from 5 years of age to 3 years of age. Is this still happening, and if so has it already taken effect or when will it be taking effect?
Yes, this is still happening and will come into effect January 1, 2010.

I also have a question about hardshipping. Will this rule also apply to hardshipping horses? I thought last year would be the very last year that my AMHR foals would be eligible to be hardshipped into AMHA should they stay under at the age of 5 due to the registry closing it's books in 2013. Now with this new rule of permanant registration at age 3 rather than age 5, does that give us all 2 more years of foal crops to possibly hardship, ie: my 2009 and 2010 babies, as they would be 3 and 4 years of age by 2013 when the books close for AMHA?
Yes, this rule also applies to hardshipping of horses. Yes, it still closes in 2013, so yes, any horses eligible for hardshipping after January 1, 2010 until year end 2013 can be hardshipped.

One last question. I have a few mature mares I want to hardship. Who do I have to have measure and inspect these horses? Is it a current AMHA judge, current or past AMHA director, one person, two people? How can I go about finding out possible people to contact in my region to measure and inspect my horses? What do these people usually get for compensation? I've never done it before so not sure how it all works. Thanks for your time and input!
Any past or present director can do the official measuring and inspection. If you don't know who the nearest person to you is, you can contact AMHA to fond out for you.

default_saludando.gif
Ok, one more quick question. May be a dumb one but just want to make sure I got it right. Any of my AMHA horses who are 3 next year need to be brought to permanent? Correct?

Ok, maybe two.

Any three year olds as of next year can be hardshipped into AMHA?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back