Question regarding frame / splash overo in Rowdy bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Meadow Miniatures

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to know if Cross Country Call Me Sir (by Lazy N Redboy) or La Vista Flamboyant Remark (by La Vista Remarkables Remarkable) are Frame or Splash overo? Thank you!

I am not 100% sure, but I think Cross Country Call Me Sir is a frame. I was thinking he was, but then it dawned on me that I was thinking of Call Me Awesome, who is definitely a frame. Not sure about the other, but there is a STRONG possibility because he comes from a long line of frame overos. They may also carry Splash. If you have a horse (descendant of these) that you suspect is a carrier and want to find out for sure, you can have them tested for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir was not an Overo. Just google him and you will find all kinds of pics.
Sir was Tovero (Tobiano + overo)... Lazy N Redboy line has known LWO and splash offspring but dont know if Sir was ever actually tested but has the typical white face and blue eyes that is common in that line.

I should have clarified too...when I say "frame", I guess I am referring to being a LWO gene carrier, not necessarily a visible frame pattern.

Back