Question on value of used things.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun Runner Stables

Reaction score
I am slowly going through all my old show stuff.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction of where to look to figure out current pricing on things I'd be thankful.

This is not an ad, I'm just looking for guidance.

It's been fun seeing everyone's photos again, I've been gone for years! (Was Spotted Pony Girl for those who remember me.)

You can "google" something similar "going price for used miniature horse halter" or whatever it is you are looking for a price on.

I've tried, with various and mostly vague results.

Any advice or pointers would be very much appreciated, and I apologize for the inappropriate misconstruction
of my precious post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Whitney. Good to see you.
default_smile.png
You need to find another way to get prices. These kind of threads where sale merchandise is involved is not allowed on the Forum. I am not quite sure why this is difficult. You know what you paid so go from there. If no one buys your stuff then you can lower the price. Use the Lilbeginnings Sale board for this.

ADVERTISING/SOLICITATION - Posting on the forums for the sake of advertising is not allowed. (no matter how cleverly your post is worded to try to create that "gray area"!) This also includes, but is not limited to transportation posts. (Wanted posts are allowed on the Wanted sub-forum.) If our moderators feel it is "crossing the line", they will use their own discretion in deleting or editing the post, so please don't push the limits or you may end up losing your post altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be fairly simple really. If you can't remember what you paid for the items zlook up what something similar in type/quality sells for new now--then evaluate the condition of your items and price them accordingly. If the item is as good as new you might ask 75-80% of new price. If it is good condition but obviously not 'like new' then maybe 50%. If it is quite worn but still serviceable then maybe a bit less than half price. As said if things don't sell then look at lowering your prices. People will often ask if you will take a lower offer and you can decide if you will accept that amount. It's quite easy really. I have sold lots and lots of tack in the last few years--the best stuff I got almost all my money back on, some stuff I got a fair amount, not new price but enough to allow me to buy something else I wanted instead, and some things, well, I'm just happy to get $10 or $20 here and there.

Put a starting price for your items here on the auction here at LB. Then put a link to your auction on the sale board here and let the people bidding dictate the price
default_smile.png

I believe that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You can look at retail catalogues, on-line auctions, craigslist and other online classified sites to get a ball part of what items are going for. I guess it depends of in you NEED money and are selling an item at a reserve price, so you cannot let it go for less or if you are just declutterizing and are happy to let it go for what you can get for it. If you can remember what you paid for it that will help with a starting place and you depreciate the value according to its age, wear and tare and condition. You cold use the sale board here, ebay or even bring it to an auction house. Good luck.

I always start with eBay and click on "completed transactions".

Back