Question on baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrn

Reaction score
As long as I am sitting Harley is a sweetie.. but when I get up he jumps around and nips at me and even rears up. He doesn't hurt me now.. but when he gets older it will hurt. How do I discourage him now without hitting him? He is so young. Thanks Linda

Hi,

My best friend has the jack for my jenny (a few years till we breed) I posted about Elvis doing the same thing a few weeks ago (he is 10 months now). K ended up doing this...when E would come up from behind her she turned - threw her arms in front of her like she was going to push or strike him - YELLED "NO" and ran at him making him back up (does that make sense?) Worked for her
aktion033.gif
(it just let him know she's boss)

Also scroll down to the post titled "Jack Help" lots of useful info
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[ Thanks for the advice, it is strange since he is only a week and 3 days old!!! I don't think he is acting studly lol but wanting to play.. But that kind of play cannot be allowed.. I don't usually hear him running behind me, I am hard of hearing. So guess I'll have to get those eyes in the back of my head working again eh?? lol

Thanks again Linda

Latest posts

Back