Question for those who show in AMHR.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I am wanting to start showing my miniatures in driving classes with AMHR at the local and regional levels (no plans to go to Nationals for a few years) and I was wondering what kind of cart you can "get away" with having? Would a nice and clean black easy entry cart fit the bill or would I need something different?

Thanks yall!!

I've shown with easy entries and placed Grand, so go for it. Cart should be very clean.

Ive seen easy entries at the R shows I was at this year and I plan on using mine as well. Right now its blue but I plan on painting it black and doing some pin striping etc

It is my understanding that as long as the cart is cleaned and polished, functioning properly (no broken or missing parts), fits the horse/is harnessed/adjusted right (appropriate shaft length) and the wheels are of the variety that cannot catch or hang up with another passing cart you should be good to go. I believe i read a rule about carts having to have wheel gards for safety, but i think most easy-entry carts have these built-in anyway. As others have said, i have seen exhibitors in easy entry carts place over people in expensive show carts often. Have fun showing, I hope you will share pics.

Thanks everyone for the advice! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Now to find my husband his own easy entry cart ;)

Back