Question for Sansaveres re: Enchanted Hollow Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying minis

Reaction score
in case Bob or Mary still come on here once in a while - or if anyone who knows them can find out - will there be a performance only show again at their stable in July? For the last 2 years work travel interfered with my going to the show - even though I show almost exclusively performance, and it's not terribly far from me. I'd like to pre-plan this year if possible so if anyone knows whether there will be a show, and what date it is (I'm assuming if it's held it would be July 13, but would love confirmation) that'd be VERY helpful! Thanks!

This is Bob. We are planning an AMHR performance-only show, but we haven't settled on a date yet. July 13 would coincide with Shetland Congress so we are looking at optional dates, including the Fourth of July weekend.

We also are considering an AMHR-sanctioned show in early May that would offer classes in which minis would not have to be clipped, such as Hunter, Jumper, Obstacle and Liberty. The sanctioned classes would be in the morning and we would then have a clinic and fun show in the afternoon.

Just a note about our performance-only show: It has been one of the least expensive AMHR-sanctioned shows anywhere -- if not the least expensive. Classes have been $5 each with a $50 fee for unlimited (10 or more) classes. There's no fee for jump outs and stalls are $25. Also, in 2012, every class winner received a bag of Purina Miniature Horse and Pony Feed, and we hope to offer that or something similar this year.

We have a dedicated website for the show or shows: http://enchantedhollowshow.webs.com/

It will be updated when we choose dates.

Bob--just to let you know--the 4th of July weekend is a double show weekend in Manitoba. The Prairie Winds show with three judges is on the 5th and the International with three judges is on the 7th. Just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't yet aware of the dates for those shows.

I wish more people put on shows like this, rated or non-rated. Kudos to the Sansaveres.

This is a great, fun, welcoming show with good competition!

Bob have you guys considered an early august show, such as the first or second weekend?

We were unaware of the Manitoba show and, Chelsie, I will look into an August date. My only hesitation is many people who plan to show at AMHR Nationals like to have their qualifying shows done before the deadline for Nationals entries, which is late July.

Thanks Bob! Hope you find a date that works, would love to attend this year. Will keep an eye out for announcement of the May show / clinic as I would also love to get to that one!

ahhh forgot about the Nationals deadline, totally makes sense! I'm sure we'd come to a fuzzy performance show in the early spring!

Hi Bob & Chelsie - I haven't been to meetings but wanted to let you know IMHC also had to find a new date because of Congress. I believe they put in for the first weekend of August at Waterloo. This would also be the weekend for Mississippi Valley in Davenport. I think the 2nd weekend of Aug is the Iowa State Fair. The third weekend of May used to be Denison but they have moved it to Kansas. The new Husker show put in for the third weekend of May in Lincoln I believe. I haven't looked to see what has or hasn't been approved yet. Just wanted to let you know what I had heard. Another thought - is MMHC Fourth of July weekend again? I heard they moved it from Winona to about a half hour more north but can't remember facility name/place.

See you guys when show season starts!

Pam Crise

I just saw Blue Stem announcement on FB - you could check website for those dates so you have a better idea of shows...dates....

Pam:

The MMHC show will be July 19 and 20 for AMHR and July 21 for AMHA in Windom, MN. If you come north on 35 W, it is about the same distance west as Winona is to the east.

I just saw Blue Stem announcement on FB - you could check website for those dates so you have a better idea of shows...dates....
Bluestem MHC shows in Lincoln, Nebraska are as follows:

June 1-2 AMHR

July 5-6th AMHR & July 7th AMHA

August 9th AMHR Lancaster Super Fair

Hope this helps in your planning.

Jacki Loomis

I'm really looking forward to going to this show this year! I heard so many great reviews and I'm super excited to actually be able to attend this year. As a heads up, the MN 4-H Mini Horse Project is holding a spring clinic and open fun show on May 11.

Back