Question for everyone who uses EquiAide

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I live in the high desert of Southern California and am about to get my first mini. I am concerned about colicing (by ingestion of too much sand), and have decided to use EquiAide to help remove some dirt from her tummy. My question is, how much do you give to a 5 month old mini? The recommendations are for full size horses.

I tried to divide the weight/amount down to a 50? pound animal but it comes out to be just a little over a half of teaspoon. Does this sound right? I figured it was best to ask the experts, so I would greatly appreciate advise from everyone who uses this product.
default_please.gif
: Thank you.

Sara

Call the company.

The number should be on the container to be sure.

I like the HorseTech product, Sandtrap + DFM. If you order from them, they are VERY helpful. They could help you figure out a dosing for your mini.

The best thing you could do is take your little horse to the vet where they have a scale and you could get a true weight.
default_smile.png

http://www.horsetech.com

Good for you for thinking ahead on this. Sand is such a dangerous problem!!!

I use EquiAid powder and also live in So. Cal. I feed my adult minis (approx. 250 pounds each) 1/4 cup each. I do not know the dosage amount for a 5 month old but above is what I feed my adult minis.

Liz R.

334 days and counting...

Latest posts

Back