Question for ASPC Members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what your saying is that the proposal were last minute and the directors did what they wanted to do. Instead of taking the time to find out what the membership wants, or what is best for the club on a show that is in the red year after year, the Directors took it upon themselves to cast secret ballots. What better way to keep people from knowing who to "blame".
And while we're on the subject...There was plenty of talk at the Area 2 meeting about the allegation that there were 2 directors who did not vote on the matter, yet when the votes were tallied there was 1 extra ballet cast. Supposedly this was caught by one of the directors who did not vote.

--------------------

Irish Hills Farm
[SIZE=10pt]First Sheryl let me say The Congress site location and Proposals WERE NOT LAST MINUTE !! And take that from one of the committee members.... The committee was formed at Convention , and we knew at Congress 08' that we were going to look for a new location !!!!!!!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
So not sure what you are thinking is on last minute.. [/SIZE]

Now for the ballot vote , several and mean several Directors ask for private ballot, this was cleared with our Attorney and we were well within our rights of the by laws to do so !!!
default_wink.png
And when we vote by private ballot the Pres. is allowed to Vote !!! And believe me there was only 14 ballots , 14 people , that was it that is all and NO MORE,, I was sitting right at the end of the table where Cathy & ZONA counted the votes . Then they left them sitting there and said did anyone ELSE WANT TO COUNT THEM !! NOT ONE person made any attempt to do so
default_no.gif
and thus a motion was made to have the ballots destroyed which is STANDARD PROCEDURE ....

I think it is a crying shame that the board members are threaten to the point by a select few that they feel that they can not vote the way that is best for people and for the Assoc.. This has got to stop...

And Sheryl yes there were two Area 2 Directors there and one area 3 Director , and I have talked to one of them , and after the others made the statement simlar not exactly as you told it !! The tapes from the meeting have been listen to , the count of the vote has been listen to again , and it was 8 - 6 .... that is it no more no less...

I am not sure how this Topic went from the OP subject to this.. But somewhere People we have got to get off the Internet and back out in the Barns !!! Spring is here , foals are being born and shows are starting , Can''t we just try and move ahead in a postive manor and Stop all this bickering...

I said to some last night,,, I HAVE NOT EVER SEEN SO MANY JUST PLAIN MEAN AND HATEFUL PEOPLE AS I HAVE SEEN ON THIS INTERNET THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.. What is wrong with us ???
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I thought we all came on here to share good news , ideas , helpful information , and so on ,

Well I am now off my soap box , some will like what I said and some will throw flames at me , but anymore heck I can take it...
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Belinda,

I was there I know what I heard and there was plenty of discussion about the vote. Now, perhaps the director that caught the supposedly miscount did not realize that Larry was allowed to vote if there was a secret ballot vote being taken.

And I don't know why you are accusing me of being mean. This is my club just as much as anyone else who is a member, and we members we have the right to ask questions and be given answers. How else are we to learn/know what is going on?

You explaining that Larry was allowed to vote in this manner explains the supposed extra ballot.

"It's also my understanding--from someone who knows a lot more about it than I do--that non-profit organizations aren't supposed to used confidentiality agreements either..."

Messed up my quote thingy, but I don't think AMHR is a "non-profit organization". I think it's probably a "not for profit organization" which is a totally different thing. Wish I could deduct the money I send them
default_wink.png

And Belinda's right .

LET IT BE ! Trust that the Board acted in the best interest of the organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also my understanding--from someone who knows a lot more about it than I do--that non-profit organizations aren't supposed to used confidentiality agreements either...
Maybe laws are different in Il than Texas, All I know is this was drawn up by the Clubs Attorney.. So I am sure we were told correctly..

Sheryl , My statement about mean people well was NOT really directed at anyone , but as a group of people , just from many things that have taken place over the last month , from several places on the internet and other places..

If you read my statement ,, it said mean people on the internet not this topic only.... ANd I know you read my face book ALL THE time , and you know I made that statement on there last week,,
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

B, I don't read your FB all the time, I'm not currently stalking you.
default_wink.png
BUT I could if you'd like.

I know you have a lot going on right now and you were just venting. No harm done.
default_saludando.gif

First, let me say that I appreciate all the hard work of the directors and executive staff. From the outside looking in, it appears to be a pretty thankless job, and of course, it’s not possible to please all concerned with any particular issue. And, I DO trust that the board is acting in the best interest of the organization.

However . . . it does seem to me that the trend of the BOD to conduct the organization’s business “behind closed doors” is the cause of much of the membership’s angst.

Secret ballots ??? Confidentiality clauses ??? When did these become a necessity ? I’m not trying to throw stones . . . I assume they ARE necessary . . . but it would be helpful to know why . . .

I don’t require nor expect that the directors I vote to elect, will agree with me on every issue. But how can I make an informed choice at the next election, if I don’t know how the directors that represent me, voted on anything ???
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back