Question about versatility at nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
ok i'm seriously thinking about putting one of my boys in versatility. out of the blue took him over a few jumps the other day when a friend suggested i do the class with her. he did awesome and i've worked him a few times since... lets just say i wish he was a big horse he jumps so nicely. he's quite confident in it too and can do a 2' true in and out (one stride between) with only two sessions and do it very nicely.

Now the question is.. what type of jumps do they use typcially at nationals? do they use colored jumps, brush boxes, ect or do the just use white rails for that class? i'd like to have him at least semi prepaired for whatever they have but that would mean doing a quick paint job on some wood rails ect. if it's always white rails that would be easy enough ect...

I have never seen anything other than regular white poles for versatility. They almost always put 4 in a row. Jumps are fairly low. It surprises me because it's 'supposed' to be judged as hunter, so you'd think they would use jumps from hunter.

Hubby & I are going to be in versatility. I just love that class. Go ahead and GO for it!!

Pam

Last year, they used the white stone wall, white fence with ivy and the brick wall.

levinatsversty2copy2-1.jpg

they were not plain jumps. if you need pics or a video , let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back