Question about showing weanlings at AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Hi All,

I've tried calling the office this past week (Tues through Friday) but for some reason I always got the outgoing message about their hours and never got a person. I don't know if it was the weather or if they were just really busy.
default_unsure.png
So, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I understand that weanlings don't have to qualify to show in their open halter class. That part I get. But on page 16 of the current MHW it says "Weanlings are exempt from required qualifying points to show in any class during the 2008 World Show." Does that mean I could take a weanling in a ammy halter class if I wanted? What about color?

Seems odd that I wouldn't have to qualify them to show in the ammy class, but the notice does say ANY class.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
default_saludando.gif

C'mom! 41 people have looked at this but no one has an answer???
default_please.gif
I'm really curious about this.

Thanks!
default_saludando.gif

Parmela i have never shown any weanlings but as far i understand from the rule and from others you can show a weanling in any points qualifying class such as open, amateur, color, etc. What is the difference in an open class and a amateur class besides one is amateur and one is open, both classes are points qualifying classes so the weanling should be exempt from qualifying for Worlds. I know somebody and many others that showed their weanlings in open and amateur classes at Worlds last year without qualifying them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aubrey,

As always, you're awesome!
default_wink.png
Thanks much! I thank you and my weaners thank you.

That's right, you can show a weanling in ANY class without any qualification.

Latest posts

Back