Question about registration and a mare that I am

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear9

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. Tomorrow I am going to look at a mini mare that is AMHA registered, she is 9 years old. She is bred to an AMHR stud. What would the foal be able to be registered as? AMHR's website is down, or I would look there for more information.

At the moment, the foal can't be registered. However, the owner of the mare can "hardship" her into AMHR using a copy of her AMHA papers. Or the stallion could be hardshipped from scratch into AMHA as long as he is 34" or under.....doing the AMHA route is more expensive.

If the mare is going to foal this year, once the hardshipping is completed, the stallion owner would have to file a late stallion report, ASAP.

Basically you are looking at a situation where the owners of either the mare or the stallion will have to do some paperwork and spend some money to make the foal registerable in one of the registries.

MA

PS: I should have said this at the beginning.....WELCOME to the Forum!
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Miniv said:
At the moment, the foal can't be registered.  However, the owner of the mare can "hardship" her into AMHR using a copy of her AMHA papers.  Or the stallion could be hardshipped from scratch into AMHA as long as he is 34" or under.....doing the AMHA route is more expensive.
If the mare is going to foal this year, once the hardshipping is completed, the stallion owner would have to file a late stallion report, ASAP. 

Basically you are looking at a situation where the owners of either the mare or the stallion will have to do some paperwork and spend some money to make the foal registerable in one of the registries.

MA

PS:  I should have said this at the beginning.....WELCOME to the Forum! 
biggrin.gif

430916[/snapback]

What would it cost to hardship the mare into AMHR? The mare would be due in 2006.

If the Mare is only AMHA registered then she has to be hardshipped into AMHR since the Stallion she is bred to is only registered AMHR, so you can register the foal with AMHR. Hard shipping is costly, so if you don't want to do that you could register the foal with World Class Registry. But you won't be able to register the foal in either AMHA or AMHR if neither the mare or stallion are not in the same registry.

Hope that makes sense!
wacko.gif
LOL!
laugh.gif

I don't what they have gone up too but it was 50.00 plus bring the horse to permenant which was around another 50.00.

I think that AMHR has gone over $200 to registered one now.

My work order forms with AMHR are a year old and they've changed their fees as of this past January, so I can't give you the exact fee schedule.

If their website is still down tomorrow during business hours, I suggest calling the office. The AMHR phone number is 309-263-4132.

MA

My advice would be to buy it and forget about registering the foal or look around and find a horse without the hassles. There are so many good horses around that do not require the hassles to register and fret over. For what the paperwork is going to cost you in the long run. The sales pages are full , local breeders and auctions, I would keep looking.

[SIZE=14pt]The colst to register the mare with amhr if she is three is 260 dollars to reg the stallion with amha is 1200.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back