Question about Registering.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RENMACMINIS

I have a question concerning the 4 miniature horses I purchased on Saturday.. After asking for a pedigree look up (Thank You Virginia) I see some horses that have their papers revoked? Can the foal out of one of these be registered? Or am I so out of luck?

Unfortunately, if the parents papers are showing revoked, then any foals cannot be registered with AMHA until the sire/dam are brought permanent.
no.gif

All the more reason not to buy weanlings on application only.
sad.gif

Are they all like that or just one?

I would say to go ahead and submit the applications. The revoked status may have been updated and just not show on the Studbook yet. Horses papers automatically are revoked if not brought permanent within six months and can be reinstated, and hopefully your seller will be sure to do so to make the applications viable.

So far 3 out of the 4 are like that.. I dont know if the bay colt is or not.. as I havent seen his dam's pedigree (Sweetwaters lil dellas dream # A76773) The 2 fillies have their dam's papers revoked and the black colt his sire's papers have been revoked. Only reason I bought these for was b/c he made a statement at the sale and said that all horses were registered or registerable unless otherwise noted on the sales sheet or by them. And all of mine (b/c i asked is how i know) were according to him able to be registered. Hopefully he will be willing to work with me to get this fixed.. if not.. well I guess im going to have to turn into a very nasty person. As the only reason I even bought these besides the fact I liked them.. was they could be registered..

Tony I am going to print this topic out and frame it.. lol.. as this is the first one of my posts that you have ever responded to and I am in absoulute awe of your horses and your farm. If there wasnt almost 2000 miles between us I would definetly be saving my money for one of your horses. Thank You!!!

Becky the horse in your avatar.. is just gorgeous.. I could sit and look at him all day long and never get tired of him! Thank You

Last edited:
Sherry,

I take it that you purchased these youngsters at the Sweetwater Sale? Just to warn you, because of the circumstances, you may be in for disappointment. And if so, your best bet will end up being hardshipping.
no.gif
(I hope I am proved to be wrong.)

MA

MA,

nope the Quiet Dell Farm Sale. I hope your wrong.. I really dont want to wait 5 years to get them registered.

sherry

Oops...sorry...wrong assumption. Hopefully those folks will work with you then.

MA

Thats ok.. these people just might end up like those..
new_shocked.gif
I hope not as the more I play with them and get attached the more I would love to show and or breed them one day. The smallest black filly and the bay colt are the two I find myself getting pulled towards the most..
wub.gif
The black colt is very almost has the attitude of "dont touch me im too good to be touched" and the bigger black filly is like "go ahead, touch me, I have always wanted to see a human wearing my hoof as a brand" lol...

I hope it works out. I had suspicious feelings about the auction. A friend of mine wanted us to go but I decided not to.

Keep after them if you need to for the papers. Know that if you have to hardship, it is very expensive. AMHR is closed. No hardshiping without AMHA papers. To get AMHA, they must be 5yo and less than 34". I think for mares it's $600 and for stallions it's $1,200.

I hope it gets worked out soon because I know how I'd be. Every additional speck of time, I'd become more and more attached to the horses.

Spoke with Mr. Starkey again tonight. He promised me that the horses I bought would be able to be registered. If any of them come back as unregisterable he will do anything and everything to make sure to correct the problem. He said he doesnt want to do anything to ruin his name or his farms name and he wouldnt do anything to jeopardize getting him and his horses thrown out of the registry..

You cant believe how relieved I was to hear that... He also told me that he still had the mare I was extremely interested from the sale saturday and for me to come up and we would work something out on her... So heres hoping I might end up getting another one... I so cant believe Kenny (my hubby) is allowing me and supporting me doing this... He swears he hates horses... but I dont know.. he keeps talking about the littlest filly we bought.. and says he thinks him and her are going to be good buddies.. so I dont kow.. maybe after 13 years he is FINALLY converting to my way of thinking.. I SURE HOPE HE IS!!

Thanks Again Everyone.. and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.. oo and the papers will be in the mornings mail.. so the wait is on.

That's great news!!! I'm so glad you called him and he's willing to work with you! All he needs to do is take the revoked horses permanent which isn't a great expense. He'll reap the benefits later especially by having a satisfied buyer!
smile.gif

Hope all the paperwork in put in order for you.

You could also register them with the WCMHR (World Class Miniature Horse Reg) they are still open to a degree and hardshipping is not near as expensive as AMHA.

Your area has lots of shows and it is a good registery in cases like yours.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Sherry! I hope it all works out for you and that you can get them all registered and in your name.

I think you should tell your hubby that the filly is "his" and then he'll be a gonner for sure!
laugh.gif

Hi Sherry,

I have been following your posts!

I hope it all works out for you!

You babies are beautiful!

I have to say the bay colt is beautiful!

About the attitude, they are young enough to come around and sometimes the ones who give the most attitude at first turn out to be your best frineds in the long run!
biggrin.gif

Good Luck with everything!!!!!!!!!!

Love your avatar!

Latest posts

Back