Question about qualifying for AMHA Championship Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I hope I can ask this such that it's understandable what my question is.
default_wacko.png

My plan is to attend the Central Championship Show in KS held August 7-10th. The entries for that show close on June 30th. It just dawned on me that my one and only "qualifying" local show is being held July 11-13th. So, my qualifying show will happen before the Championship show, but not before my entries are due. Is that going to work?

I realize I can call AMHA tomorrow, but I'm hoping someone here has an answer so I can sleep better tonight
default_yes.gif

And I don't know why this just dawned on me now! What a dork!! :DOH!

Good question, Parmela !!!

I could not find any info last night about when our "qualifying show" for Eastern Championships has to be held.

Anybody ???????

Justine

Qualifing show is any AMHA show doesn't matter where it is, you just have to show at one local show to be eligible for the Championship show.

If you going to show after the entry deadline but before the Championships show, just put the show on the entry forms.

2008 Championship Show Qualifying Requirements

A horse must have attended one local qualifying AMHA approved show and must be exhibited in a minimum of one class to compete at a Championship Show (Exception: Weanlings do not need to attend a local show to exhibit in a Championship Show).

Does not say you have to show in that AMHA before close of entries for a Championship show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qualifing show is any AMHA show doesn't matter where it is, you just have to show at one local show to be eligible for the Championship show.
If you going to show after the entry deadline but before the Championships show, just put the show on the entry forms.

2008 Championship Show Qualifying Requirements

A horse must have attended one local qualifying AMHA approved show and must be exhibited in a minimum of one class to compete at a Championship Show (Exception: Weanlings do not need to attend a local show to exhibit in a Championship Show).

Does not say you have to show in that AMHA before close of entries for a Championship show.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
default_aktion033.gif

Called AMHA (before seeing Karen's post) and Karen is exactly correct. The "qualifying show" can be after entries are submitted, just state the show on the appropriate line on the entry form. Also, any local (AMHA approved) show is technically a qualifying show. Doesn't matter what region it's in or anything else.

Thanks Karen!!!
default_saludando.gif

We get to meet!!!! See ya there
Yippee
default_aktion033.gif
Will Ed have your gorgeous little boy? He's such a total doll!
default_wub.png
Ed will have our 2 yr old mare Raven. She's lived more of her life at Ed's place than at ours. We've only have her home from after Worlds last year to Feb of this year. I really miss her and seeing how she's maturing!!

When did they bring this rule back into place?? For a few years lately it had been done away with.

It was this very rule that caused me to quit showing AMHA -- we used to always go to the Eastern Regional show (as it was called back then) and also the Julep cup-- could never make it to the Nationals then.

However, when they brought that rule into effect-- there were NO local shows in Ontario -- we applied for an exemption and my letter got passed all over the place -- finally got my exemption letter 2 DAYS before we had to mail in our entries & fees. We did not go & have never shown AMHA since.

I had been told since that rule was dropped -- now here it is again??

With the price of gas & the distance to shows -- why the need to qualify for a Regional show.

Especially when shows are so far apart.

Sure does eliminate a lot of exhibitors and their money.

Does it make it seem more prestigious if you have to qualify for the show that you qualify for the Nationals at?? Makes a lot of qualifying for sure.

This rule has ticked me off for many years now. Just my opinion -- but sure did change how & where I show.

You do have a point. I don't understand why the delay in giving you the exception letter. Does seem like it would be taking money away from AMHA and not the other way around.

The change was a couple of years ago and the reason was so the local shows would have exhibitors. They have to pay for their own shows and if you didn't have to go to qualify, then why bother. Enough people don't go then clubs can't afford to put on shows any longer. This way you do have to attend one local show so it at least helps the clubs more. AMHA might lose money when a few people don't go but they are at least thinking about how it does help the local clubs instead.

Yes Ed will have Calvin and his girlfriend is Raven you know???
default_wub.png
he luves her!!!!

I would have to agree the AMHA was thinking of the local clubs on that one.

Well, if there are NO local clubs -- there is no way to show AMHA -- period !! -- So why not think of the club member as an individual -- instead of worrying about a club that does not exist.??

Moot point now -- as it is years now since I showed AMHA !!

But I am sure there are still other people in the same position I was in.

Latest posts

Back