Question about prices on the sale board

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Since I absolutely positively stink at pricing my horses (too high?), I thought I would ask whether horses listed are selling for the asking price?

It just seems that the prices lately are generally sort of on the high side....

edited:

(no offense intended and no one ad in particular...just a trend I thought I saw)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that I think prices are high right now but what do I know!!!!
laugh.gif

I have seen horses listed and reappear with higher prices??

Who knows?

I will be interested to see what replies you get!

I'll be interested in the replies also. As I have my eye on one listed, but I am not good at making offers - so usually just pay what is listed without even asking if they'd accept a lower price!

We usually get what we are asking, sometimes come down, definitely come down with 2 or more.

Don't be shy about making an offer. After all, when you price a horse, you can always come down, but never up.
biggrin.gif

We have been getting our prices (or pretty close to it) as well. But I would be interested in hearing offers as well....it can't hurt to ask...I mean the worst that can happen is the person can say no right
wink.gif
Or, they might make a counter offer....you just never know until you ask!

Tracy

I started out high in March $2,500 and had my stallion sold, my financ'e had a fit that I was selling him and made me back out and now I have lowered my price to $650 with all his tack and can't seem to give him away. Seems like the really expensive horses are worth the money but the ones between 1,000 and 1,700 on the saleboard are really nothing fancy at all just regular pet quality minis. To me the people should reconsider and lower there prices who knows though they may find someone who will pay what they are asking, my advice to them good luck. By having high priced pet quality minis it seems to saturate the market so good show proven and show quality horses won't sell.

I know some higher priced horses have been selling.

Must be late minute show time purchases. Who knows?

I've been firm on a price for my filly, but due to transportation costs I've reconsidered and would be happy to work with the right person on that. I

could have sold her ten times over if I didn't care about her future. So she's

still here until the right person comes along, and I know that person is out

there.

Guess that leaves me in the "I don't care" if I sell or not group too.

It seems to me that most people would be willing to negotiate based on circumstances. I know that I would. Packages, showing, gelding, distance all play a role..

I have one that I listed for a relatively high price when she was born this Spring, then took her off my Sale Page because I was afraid someone would buy her. I have some now that I would negotiate on and others that I would have to just say, "Sorry, the price on her is firm."

It never hurts to ask.

It also never hurts to ask about horses that may not be listed for sale. You never know what may happen between updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back