Question about possible bilateral cryptorchid

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE
Just for the record, AMHA sanctioned shows didn't expect to "see" stallions' testicles until age 3. (Not sure if that's still the case.) So, ditto, about not worrying about your colt. Plus, since he was dumped, who KNOWS what care he received. Lack of proper nutrition can also delay development.

Wow had no idea thank you for that information very encouraging!
Yes he wasn’t cared for well. I was told by the hauler I hired when she picked him up he was sick which was worrisome since he had to be hauled from Oklahoma to California in that condition. He ended up just having a snotty nose & cough, his Strangles swab was negative a couple doses of Excede did the trick.

Hi again! Ok so yesterday I checked my mini stallion in question and surprisingly for the first time I could palpate one testicle pretty easily. Very happy as I don’t want him to be a crypt of course and this gave me hope. Decided to recheck this afternoon and it’s gone completely! Anyone have any info on something like this?

Reactions: Taz
Hahaha! Mine did that for about a year before they both stayed.

Latest posts

Back