Question about horse transporters.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibsongrrl

Reaction score
I am retiring my draft cross to a friend's farm in Ohio and we are looking for the best way to get her there. She was planning to drive here and get her, but we were discussing a professional transporter, since gas prices are so bad, that it might not cost that much more.

I have no experience in this, so I thought maybe you guys might have some suggestions? Anyone you might recommend?

TIA,

-Kristie

Shippers prices are sky high due to gas. I think if she could do it herself she'd be way ahead of the game.

Especially if she is not driving a diesel, then she would also save some serious cash. This would be a good time to do it also before the gas goes up even more and it gets way too hot.

Isn't there a transportation board somewhere for horses?

It would be ideal if she could find someone bringing a horse down to your area and heading back empty.,,,or she could deliver a horse for someone and then go back up with her horse. I remember people talking about the board it but I never needed to find it so I'm not sure where it is.

Thank you ladies, for your input.

We have it worked out! She found a shipper from her area, that will be in my area in about three weeks. The horse has a ride.
default_smile.png

-Kristie

I have found that shipper's prices, or at least Hauled Wright's, are EXTREMELY reasonable. I'm paying $660 for 2 mini mares and a filly to come 1000 miles, and $400 for a mini mare to come 630 miles. If you ask them for a quote, they will get back with you quickly and do all size horses.

http://www.hauledwright.com/

Edit: I didn't see your post right above this but will leave my answer as maybe some others will be happy to see how affordable it is right now to ship. I'm tickled at the rates from Hauled Wright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back