Question about Hall of Fame Points

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
Example: We showed at a mini show and placed 1st in Open Jumper and 1st in Amateur Jumper. Online it says we have 6 Hall of Fame Points for open and 6 Hall of Fame points for Amateur. Added together that is 12 points. According to a rule I've just noticed in the the rule book on Pg 328 section E on Hall of Fame points it says:

In the performance division, only one preliminary class, in addition to a stake will be counted (the placing resulting in the highest number of points.) For example if a horse or pony places first in Ladies Pleasure Driving with six entries, it would earn two points. The same animal placing second in Open Pleasure Driving class of 16 entries would earn 5 points. Thus the points earned in Open class would be counted.

Now online our current Hall of Fame record shows that we have earned 12 points this year in Jumping for our Hall of Fame. Shouldn't it be only 6 points, if they count one class? Or since jumper does not have a stakes do they count two jumping classes instead of one driving class and a stakes? I'm confused about this because all of last year they counted both Amatuer and Open Jumper points from each show for the Hall of Fame. Is someone at Headquarters not doing it right?

From what I've seen here, I think, maybe the Youth, Open and Ammy all do count towards a performance HOF for divisions that do not have a stakes (jumper, hunger, obstacle...). I think I have read that here. Hopefully you will get some others to chime in who have earned HOF's in those classes w/o a championship division... that Item D seems to contradict what I actually think happens for jumper, hunter, obstacle...This is what the rule book says as to your question (page 327-328):

C. To achieve Hall of Fame status, a Shetland, Miniature or Show Pony must score 70 points in Halter or Performance, and the show record must include five

Grand Champion wins with competition (one must be won as a 2 year old or older), or five performance Championship/Stake wins with competition. A horse

could achieve Hall of Fame recognition in both Halter and Performance if the requirements are fulfilled for both. (Special provisions exist for performance

categories for which there are no championships. Exception: A horse shown only as a hunter and wins a total of 70 Hall of Fame points in hunter classes but

because no hunter championship is offered, at the recommendation of the National office, he can achieve Hall of Fame status in that division.)

D. Hall of Fame points are not given for Model, Amateur, Color or any other classes that are not preliminary for championships.

E. In the performance division, only one preliminary class, in addition to a stake, will be counted (the placing resulting in the highest number of points.) For example: if a pony or horse places first in Ladies Pleasure Driving with six entries, it would earn two points. The same animal placing second in Open Pleasure driving class of 16 entries would earn five points. Thus, the points earned in the Open class would be counted.

Link to Rule Book (pdf document): http://www.shetlandminiature.com/downloads...E_BOOK_2008.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back