Question about driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qualabear

Reaction score
Greetings! My first time posting and saying hello to all. I have been searching to see if I can find some advice on whether my cart will be a problem as it seems the shafts are too wide across even though the length seems right. I don't want to bend them too much and am wondering how close to the horses body is good?

Thanks for any help!

Any drivers out there who can help out?

I'll see if I can answer for you, but not sure I understand where you are refering to on the cart shaft....

Length wise...the shaft should not go past the point of the horses shoulder and long enough for him to extend well and not hit the basket when his back legs are extending.

Width...you dont want the shafts rubbing his body.

Tell me where you think it might be too wide. If you want to email me a picture of the horse in the cart...I can look at it and tell you. (email me at my farm email...that way you dont have to post the picture to a website like you would if you post the photo here) [email protected]

Also how tall is your horse?

Connie

I ended up pushing the shafts closer together. The lady I got the cart from had a very fat pony....475 pounds at 37"! When I tried the cart on a 32" and it was about 10-12inches too wide on either side even tho the length was right. Some of the info here was helpful - will bookmark Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back