Question about dog breeds and a update on me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know it has been ages since I have posted. I am still alive
default_saludando.gif
. Just with working third shift is really catching up to me, as I am not a spring chicken no more
default_wacko.png
Also, I have just found out that I am a type 2 diabetic..And the new meds are really making me sick..

But on to my question, I hope someone on here can help me try to figure out what mix he is. My dog of 11 yrs died on St Patty's day. I said I would not get another one for a while, but i seen this little guy at the humane society threw petfinder, and it was love at first sight.. They said he is a chow, German shep. mix. I am not to sure on that one. I am so glad i got him, he is such a good puppy
default_wub.png

Here are some pic's and I hope someone has some ideas on his breed..

Introducing Buster: These were the first day here 4/2

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1155_2.jpg

This was yesterday:

IMG_1167.jpg

I hope I get some good input from all you experts..
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe if he were chow cross, he would have blue tongue. He is a cutie.....maybe keeshond or elkhound cross with german shep. ?Or could be he is a3rd or 4th generation cross and he no longer has pure breeds in him (if that made any sense?)

He is a real cutie, have fun with him!
default_wub.png

I believe if he were chow cross, he would have blue tongue. He is a cutie.....maybe keeshond or elkhound cross with german shep. ?Or could be he is a3rd or 4th generation cross and he no longer has pure breeds in him (if that made any sense?)He is a real cutie, have fun with him!
default_wub.png
Hi, that is why I didn't think chow.. Tongue and mouth is pink.. They found him along side the road at 2 months old
default_no.gif
He was flea infested and had a respitory infection, but he is healthy and a happy camper now!!

Perhaps part collie. Its very possible to be chow, my parents have owned 2 chow x shepherds. They all have the same exact ears and face expressions. But both had some sorta blue involved in the tounge. The first had a solid blue. The one now has just a blue spot. So I don't know if its something that a chow mix will have or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has got to be THE most UNIQUE looking dog I have ever seen!!
default_smile.png
He doesn't even look real! he looks like a puppet or something. I love it!! I have no idea what breeds he may have in there, but I hope he proves to be an excellent pet for Faith and your family!!

He does look like a little toy does'nt he? What a cutie pie!!! Good luck with him and finding out what mix he is. I have a friend who got a rescue pup that looks like a terrier mix...cute little guy. She sent in to have him tested and they came back with him having some Sharpei in him along with Afghan and some more mixes in there.... Afghan I believe...but Sharpei ?....he has absolutely nothing that looks Sharpei about him!!!
default_laugh.png

Well, I can see where they have made the guess they did. He might have a little chow in him and not have the blue/black tongue.

Whatever he is (I'm guessing many mixes), he is absolutely adorable! His little face is so dainty he looks to have a smaller breed mixed in there. Maybe even some sheltie??

A side note, re: the diabetes and the meds making you ill, if you are on metformin/glucophage, see about getting the extended release formula if you can. . . it made ALL the difference in the world for me!! I never got used to the regular formula but my body tolerated the extended release formula SO much better!!

Well, I can see where they have made the guess they did. He might have a little chow in him and not have the blue/black tongue. Whatever he is (I'm guessing many mixes), he is absolutely adorable! His little face is so dainty he looks to have a smaller breed mixed in there. Maybe even some sheltie??

A side note, re: the diabetes and the meds making you ill, if you are on metformin/glucophage, see about getting the extended release formula if you can. . . it made ALL the difference in the world for me!! I never got used to the regular formula but my body tolerated the extended release formula SO much better!!
That is exactly the medicine that made me so sick. I am going to try to get into the drs again tomorrow
default_unsure.png

Not sure about the Chow, but a friend of mine has a long hair German Shepard puppy who looks exactly like him, just a bigger version, so I would definitely say he has some German Shepard in there. He is adorable, looks very soft and cuddly
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back