Question about bred, owned and shown class....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskid

Reaction score
I realize that it the title of the class should be pretty clear, but I just want to check as when I looked up the class in the AMHR/ASPC rule book it says under classic shetlands that "Bred, Owned and Shown by Exhibitor - Breeder is defined as owning dam at time of service. An owner is a person holding title or members of his/her family"

Does this apply to the miniatures as well?

If so, as long as I am the recorded owner and breeder, my Dad would be able to show my horse in this class for me?

Thanks.

You can only show a horse that the mare is in your name when she is bred & now the foal is in your name not your dads. On the registration papers your name needs to appear twice once as the breeder & once as the owner. If there is more then 1 person named on the registration papers they are the only ones that can show the horse.

AMHR rule says that the exhibitor must be listed as the owner and breeder on the papers.

Ok, thanks. I tried to look it up in the rulebook but could only find the rules for shetlands.

Latest posts

Back