Question about attire for country pleasure driving.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Leopard

Reaction score
I need some help deciding what to wear for my driving classes that are coming up soon. I have a general idea of what to wear, but I wasn't sure if a sleeveless (not spaghetti strap) dress would be looked down upon. The dress I have is a nice black dress. It isn't low cut or anything, just doesn't have any sleeves. I can get a jacket for it if I need to. I bought long black gloves to wear with it, but they only come up to my elbows. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Laura,

I drive Country Pleasure with my Classic Shetland mare. Rule of thumb...

Black is fine as long as you watch what time of day you will be driving. Morning-Afernoon Sunday type wear nothing too fancy. I will usually wear black dress pants, long sleeve shirt and vest (gloves are optional). After five is evening wear. If your dress is after five, then you can add your elbow lenght gloves. Make sure your dress is long enough to come down to at least the middle of your calves (no splits).

If after five you will have more choices of beautiful dresses to wear just don't go over board. Go look at your Journals at some of the pictures from both Congress and Mini Natinoals. Good luck, you'll do fine, just remember to have fun and SMILE...let the judges know you are having fun.

Karen

Latest posts

Back