quarantine, please take time to read, this problem is GROWING

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised at the SV Export being the one everyone is agreeing on having bad experiences with. She works with so many of the sales and so many of the bigger sellers that I am shocked that the care while in her hands are this bad. For someone who supposedly loves these animals it sickens me to hear this. Why would AMHA continue to support her as an official export? Is this also the same facility that has the thin & dead horses mentioned in previous posts?

Will someone please PM me, who is SV export ? Thanks.

Sandy, AMHA does not designate anyone as the official anything, she pays a sponsorship fee to be called that and no other qualifications are needed.

I imagine this will be looked at further, but as in a court of law, innocent until PROVEN guilty prevails in this country and they will proceed with caution if they do anything at all. AMHA stays out of private civil matters which is what this is and deals only with business related directly to AMHA.

Please note that I am in no way speaking officially for AMHA but just from my past knowledge as a six year member of the Board of Directors. Take it as you wish.

We used "a" quarantine when we bought our horse in the states. She were in quarantine for 1,5 months and were shipped to Luxemborug on the 16th of November this year.

We drove from north Sweden to pick her up, it's a long journey and we were gone for a week. When we arrived at the airport in Luxembourg the horse had been resting for 1 day before we started our journey but she seemed tierd and sluggish. She were thin. One of the first thing we heard from the horse was coughing, because she had traveled long and had been inside all day we thought it was allergies from shavings/hay.. We also found yellowish spots on her which we assumed were eggs from flys or seeds from trees. We begun our journey back home to Sweden.

When we got home her condition was worse, the coughing escalated and she started to cough up lumps. We took the veterinary out for an exam and she said that this was the worst case of lice she had ever seen, she had a viral infection and also worms. So we started er treatment.

I was furious, I tried to get a hold of quarantine but she didn't answer. She who we bought her from in he US also tried calling but no answer. So 10 days of penicillin and she's OK and were still trying to get rid of the lice.

According to USDA no horse with external or internal parasites are not allowed to travel outside the states. This is a crime and I have never in my life felt so bad over something as I did this. I feel like a bad petowner and I would do anything for my beloved horse. I will post pictures later!

/ Sandra

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back