Pyro's back from his stay with

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
pyroshome1.jpg

His granny was the first to greet him (she's soon to celebrate 32 years, forgive her "mussed" look, she is no fan of grooming attention).

pyroshome2.jpg

After a few nuzzles and scratches, it was time to go see what was "new" around the old place.

He's been with Leia since March 1 or thereabouts, and she's spent time socializing him, and he got to see another point of view. Thanks, Leia, for taking care of him!

He's so easy to catch, and while he may be a little TOO confident sometimes, it will be easy to remind him what the rules are around here. We've had very little trouble so far, and though the more mature horses are not so happy to see him, his half-sis and grandma both welcomed him home.

Sorry I didn't get more pictures, they were too busy running!

Liz

Glad to see he is home safe and sound!!! He was a funny guy when he was here.

Liz heard the story of putting his sire in the stall next to Pyro so they could "talk"... Well "talking" turned out to be "come here so I can steal the hay right out of your lips, Pyro". They got along well, Falcon thought he was a new kinda hay feeder. Its all good!

He looks good, and he is happy to see his Gramma, just like a good boy!

Aw, there's my handsome boy! I have to admit I was sad to leave him when I dropped him off. He can be such a sweetie when he wants to and he was pouring on the sugar for all he was worth the day I left him at Kim's. I keep feeling like I didn't accomplish much with him but I guess you're right- I forgot about the solid week I spent clicker training him to let me put the halter on without yanking away, backing up, or circling like a maniac. He halters nicely, stops beside you without turning to face you, moves laterally now while walking, loads pretty well in the trailer, got used to a WHOLE new style of living ("Oh my God, what do you mean I'm going to be out all night?! Don't you know it's dark and scary out there?! And where in God's name is the door on my stall??") and Spyder worked wonders in teaching him manners. I'm sure he'll get up to his old tricks in no time but he'd actually gotten to the point where he'd submissively tuck his butt and bump it at Kody trying to keep him away instead of tackling him at full gallop and knocking him over the minute the gate was open. (Poor Kody.) He also got over the "Ack, don't touch my privates!", the yearling sillies in general and would finally stand still without a halter in an open paddock to let me pull a blanket on over his head.

Don't get me wrong, Liz teaches her horses all those things far better than I ever could. But he was in a silly phase and trying to tell us he'd forgotten all those skills over the winter so I got the opportunity to teach him that those manners are universal no matter where he is and who's handling him. It was so fun to have a young horse for four months and get to watch him grow up! I've never done that before and I think his tail grew at least four inches during his stay. His little piping whinny will be missed and it feels very odd today to go take Kody's blanket off and not have Pyro in the next paddock leaning cautiously through the electric fence and waiting to be let out. I'm glad he's happy at home with his family but will always have a soft spot for him and hope to see him at the Evergreen Show in August. He needs to do pair liberty with Kody!

Leia

P.S.- Liz, I already found one item I forgot to return with him. His show halter is still sitting in my halter bag with Kody's! I'll get it back to you at Evergreen.

There's that beloved GP! She's looking as great as ever!
default_wub.png

Oh boy Pyro is a handsome young man! They grow up sp fast
default_yes.gif

Count me in as a Pyro groupie!
default_wub.png
Love that handsome guy. :love

Latest posts

Back