Pyro's All-Star Awards (what I did with them)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
i should say look what my friend Bill did with them.

I was telling him about them just after I got them (Bill is not "horsey" at all and didn't really understand until I explained it, then he suggested doing something special with them since they are pretty special, indeed).

Here is what he came up with:

pyrosallstar.jpg

This is the two certificates displayed alongside his Liz McMillan photos, which were re-printed on heavy card stock by JDA Color Printing in Portland, OR on gold-bordered background. THEN, Bill float-mounted (raised a teeny bit) the two certificates, the stallion and the gelding awards (something that will NEVER happen again since there's no way he can be a stallion and a gelding in the same year, obviously).

He chose a gold mat to put them on, and used a very expensive (retails for more than I care to think about), nice Roma frame (which glows in the light, bronze/red/gold much like Pyro in his natural coat) custom-built to fit, non-glare museum glass, a hard back and voila!

I am one lucky girl!!

Pyro is a miracle to have survived a difficult birth, and then to go on and win show after show beginning with Sea-Tac last year where he was Res. Champ Weanling stallion on to Grand Champs at AMHR shows, to finishing out the season as a Res. Champ OVER weanling GELDING and getting both Reserve All-Star certificates.

I am proud as I can be of him, and this really hits it out of the park as far as a way to immortalize it. i have lots of neck ribbons and a few framed plaques, a trophy here or there, but this is really special. Pyro and friend Bill are lucky commodities. Look what I get when I put the two together!

Here is a link to see a bigger image of the finished piece:

Pyro's Awards

There was one other thing Bill finished on the same day and that was a birthday gift for his sister, an autographed Leonard Bernstein piece (she is a pianist) that I think is very beautiful...:

bernstein1sm.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Bill's website's updated w/the new stuff he's been putting out, in case you wanted to see some of the other things he does as part of his regular "line" (these two are considered customs).

NW Limited...History in Vogue

He's also been very generous to give me a very good price (or free) things to donate to certain Miniature Horse auctions/fund raisers (Gini, I have a package for you, will probably have to use UPS), part of my pay for giving him a hand on things (I take the photos for his site, and add the pictures/descriptions).

Liz

default_new_shocked.gif
Those are beautiful!!! Pyro is so handsome. He reminds me of Kyan.

Yeah, Lisa, he does me, too, in some ways. I have more than once called him Kyan.

My youngest son asked me a few days ago "what happened to our white horse?" He was talking about Kyan.

He would have been two this year...curious about so much.

It's hard to look at his pictures.

Thanks for the compliments, it's so much hard work and stress to get a foal on the ground, let alone go through the showing process. Not like anything like this has ever happened for me (and may never happen again!).

default_smile.png

Liz

What a beautiful momento to have, it will last forever!

Congratulations
default_wub.png

Bonnie

OMG that is awesome Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a neat guy he is,,,, I want to meet him someday. I am lucky enough,,,,, ( because of you) to own two pieces of beautiful, and meaningful art that he creates. He does incredible, detailed work. I am lucky to have them.

Congrats Liz,,, you deserve them!

Thanks, Kim!

He goes to the Grays Harbor Farmer's Market so maybe you can get up there sometime when he's going.

Well, tell Falcon thanks for the Pyro (make a few more, wouldja?), he's much of the reason little Pyro's a superstar!

Can't wait til he can start jumping, driving and all...

Liz

Oh Liz, I LOVE that!!! I think I will try to do something like that with Flirt's, that also might combine some of her Nationals stuff...Very, very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Amy!

I know you understand how it feels to get to those places (awards for the achievement) with all the time and hard work, not to mention the pride in your horse...and how fleeting that time in the winner's circle seems!

So it's nice to have this to keep forever...

Thanks, everyone, I love it...just need to make some room to hang it in the right way.

Liz

Oh Liz, that's fabulous!! It's absolutely perfect for Pyro.
default_wub.png
I've got Kody's certificate just sitting here in the envelope and really should do something special with it.

I'm still honored that you're trusting me with the little brat (I mean- "champion!") and worry that I'm cheating him out of another show season like last year.
default_unsure.png
At least I know I'm doing right by him for his future performance career...training redheaded horses with endless courage and attitude like he has is something I've got a bit of experience with.
default_wink.png
He's going to be one to beat in jumper and in CDE if you chose to take him that way. He's got the speed and the spirit!
default_aktion033.gif
Kody's got the heart and a talent for dressage but Pyro jumps like a deer and is very agile. Ya done good breeding this one....

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, no, you're not cheating him out of anything!

I think you're doing great maintaining his curious spirit while harnessing his strength.

As you said, he's going to be a big, powerful boy one day, and it's good to keep a balance between having fun and knowing when to work.

default_smile.png

Thanks for peeking!

Liz

Latest posts

Back