Put our Saint to sleep

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikaS.

Reaction score
First of all, I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts and advice regarding my posting earlier this month. As you may recall my Saint Bernard had Eosinophilic Myositis which caused her face to swell up and jaw muscles to waste away. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. After dealing with this disease for almost a year, my husband and I decided it was time to let her go. She never got any better, though she could still open her mouth about an inch to bark and eat. Drinking water was painful to her so she prefered to lick snow, which we have plenty of. She became depressed. I was with her until she was gone.

9-1-08006.jpg
Maulya May 2005- Feb 2010

kidsandsampics.jpg
No room for Mom on the couch

Im so sorry. Our pets become so much a part of the family its just awful to lose one.

It sure is never easy to help our pets make that transition...prayers and good thought your way
default_no.gif

It's always hard to make decisions like that, but I would bet she loved you for it in the end.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a "dogther!!" Just know she is now pain free, eating good food and barking with the best of them! You *will* see her again one day.

I am so sorry, for your loss of a beautiful furchild. But, know in your heart that you have many wonderful memories of the times spent together.

I'm soo sorry....

We had to make the decision to put our Saint down just over a year ago due to old age and a back problem. It has taken a long time to get used to her absence in the house.....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. I'm sitting here tearing up thinking of the pain you are feeling. We have lost several thru the years and it always hurts. <<hugs>>

So very sorry. Let the tears flow and grief come. THEY ARE FAMILY. As the hurt gets joined by the good memories you will remember her unconditional love more than anything else.

Again thank you. I keep forgetting she's not here anymore. I keep looking to see if she's on the couch. I almost filled her food dish. I keep waiting for her to bug me to go outside. Last night, I tiptoed around the bedroom in the dark so I wouldn't step on her. Hard to get used to. Pets are family; it's true. I'm happy she's not suffering anymore.

i'm so very sorry for your loss. i hope that soon your happy memories of your beautiful girl will help to heal your heart. it's been almost 3 months since i lost my little simon and i still occasionally call out his name when i am passing out cookies.

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. You gave her a good life and you made the best decision when it was her time. Bless you.

Charlene - I still call my Sassy girl at times and she has been gone since July of 2004. Shelby too whom I lost this past July. It is so hard to lose our four legged family members.

Latest posts

Back