Pushing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
Hey guys!

OK now I know this is about my miniature donkey, but after posting on the donkey page I didn't get any help and I thought maybe some of you guys could help me out.

I have a yearling mini donk and she truly is the sweetest little girl you would ever met and always wants human attention. She has a very strong human bond with me and is always at my side.

Lately though she has been pushing??? I have no clue why. She does get very jealous when I am giving attention to another horse and will push in between me and the other horse, but lately I could be standing alone with no other horses around ma and she will just come up and push me!

At first I though maybe it was a dominance thing, but she is such a love bug ???

Does anyone know what she is doing and how I can stop it? I have been just pushing her back, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks!

Dee

wacko.gif

Sounds like she's trying to get your attention. Bambi does something similar occasionally. He likes to "crowd" me at times. I'd like to hear peoples ideas too.

I swear my Rose was a cat in another life. She has always come up to me or anyone and rubs the length of her body along us then just leans. She only wants love and attention. However now that she is a chubby yearling it isn't so cute anymore. I do not want to break that loving willing spirit so what I do is wait until she has her weight leaning on me...then step quickly away so she stumbles. I get such a dirty look but I act like it wasn't me.
rolleyes.gif
This morning she didn't do it. First time ever, I did get a funny look and she came up and just stood there wondering...I could see the little gears working overtime but she just stood so I loved her to pieces. NOW if I could just get baby Missy stop coming up and rolling on my legs down to my feet....then she just stays there waiting for a tummy rub!
wacko.gif
Ya gotta just luv these guys eh?

Sorry, I got carried away, step out from her quickly...worked for me.

Thanks for the help! I will being trying that from know on.

I guess for me to be pushing her back would solve nothing at all, unless she was tring to be bossy when doing it. I truly believe that she is doing it fro attention me being pushy back would no help her.

Thanks so much and I will let you know how well it works!

Dee

Latest posts

Back