Purple Stride Boston 2011

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The Ribbons for Linda Benefit Horse Show was a great success! We had 35 horses and many exhibitors and spectators. It was great to see so many people enjoying themselves with their horses. The best part we were able to raise $1,960 in memory of Linda Best for pancreatic cancer research. This would not have been such a great success without the help of Dream Acres Equestrian Center, our sponsors, judges, volunteers and exhibitors! Thank you everyone!

Let me tell you about our last fund raising event of the year. Ribbons for Linda will be participating in the Purple Stride Boston 2011 walk. This fund raising event will be held at the Franklin Zoo in Boston on Saturday, September 10, 2011. It is a 5k but the exact route has yet to be determined. This walk is hosted by the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PANCAN). This is the organization that Ribbons for Linda donates money to. We have created a "Ribbons for Linda" team. We have set a goal of at least 10 team members and $3,500 in donations. We are looking for people who would be interested in being members. There is a early participation fee of $25 with each member encouraged to find additional sponsors. If you register on the day of the event the participation fee is $35. Ribbons for Linda will be walking in memory of Linda Best.

To become a team member please visit the website: www.pancan.org/purplestride. Go to “Upcoming Events” select “Boston September 10”. Click on “Register Today”. Then “Join a Team” and scroll down to “Ribbons for Linda”. After that you just have to fill out some information and you are all set! Once you have joined our team you should start finding sponsors!

Can’t participate in the walk? The good news is you can still help us! Instead of registering for the team just click “Donate to a Participant/Team.” Type in a friend who is a member of the Ribbons for Linda team and donate under their name. If you don’t know anyone who is on our team you can just donate under my name, Makayla Carpenter. If you have any questions, send me an email at [email protected] or you can call me at 207-475-2577.

On another note, we just reduced the prices of our RFL cookbooks & T-shirts. Cookbooks are now $6.00 and T-shirts are $10.00. If shipping is required, please add $2.00 for each item shipped. All profit goes to pancreatic cancer awareness & research.

Thank you for your continued support! This will be a great way to close our fund raising efforts for the year!

With Appreciation,

Makayla Carpenter

www.ribbonsforlinda.com

It's a great thing you are doing! My husband and I participate in a local cancer event called Greater Richland Area Cancer Elimination (G.R.A.C.E.) The thing I like about this is that there is not a single paid position in the entire fundraising event. Every coordinator and planner is a 100% volunteer, and 90% of the money is used locally to help cancer victims, by providing meds, rides to chemo treatments, wigs, prostheses, or whatever else is needed, and 10% goes to the cancer research foundation. Not only do I and my DIL have a team, with others, and participate in the walk and ask for pledges, but my husband and I donate one free soil (perc test) to the auction they have with the event, valued at $1,000, and this year it actually auctioned off for ten dollars more than the actual value! We are proud to help!

Latest posts

Back