Purina Strategy Healthy Edge?

Discussion in 'Miniature Horse Forum' started by chandab, Jul 27, 2013.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Jul 27, 2013 #1

chandab

chandab

chandab

MHT Supporter MHT Supporter

Does anyone out there have horses that don't like it?

I ended up with a bag by mistake and thought I'd try it, its not going over very well. Two horses that literally just get a taste to get their Rx in them, turned their noses up at it (one immediately, the other after a day or two). One mare and one stallion are eating it ok mixed with their normal ration. The yearlings get some mixed in with normal ration, and today left some breakfast, but I might not have given them enough time to eat before opening the gate for pasture time.

Their last bag, was Purina Equine senior, and it was a hit with everyone; so I don't think its a problem with the supplier. The Strategy looks fine and I'm not sure about the smell, it doesn't smell sour, just different than the other feeds I have.

2. Jul 27, 2013 #2

Georgia

Georgia

Georgia

I feed it to both my mini and my daughter's Quarter Horse. Both never leave any in their feeders. I really like it. My daughter's quarter horse is a hard keeper and the Strategy Healthy Edge is the only feed that has kept weight on him with out feeding him more that 2 scoops twice a day. Both seem to really like it.

3. Jul 27, 2013 #3

chandab

chandab

chandab

Thank you for responding. Mine definitely aren't thrilled about, well not the ones I was hoping to use it for; the ones that don't need it, practically crawled over the fence to get a taste of it when I took a bit out to see if it was just the others being picky, evidently they are.

4. Jul 28, 2013 #4

valshingle

valshingle

valshingle

Mine love it!

5. Jul 28, 2013 #5

Double T

Double T

Double T

I took mine off of it this year, just cause I'm trying a new feed. But mine weren't too crazy about it. They didn't dive in like they would with sweet feed, or run in the gate for it (mine in the trap get just enough to make 'em come in on their own, so I don't have to walk wayyyy out there and bring 'em in everyday, lol). But they did clean it up. My old QH boy a few years ago when I tried that with him, would spit it out. LOL

6. Jul 28, 2013 #6

chandab

chandab

chandab

Thanks guys. Teresa, its good to know I don't have the only horses that aren't thrilled with it. Mine will come for their plain oats just fine (and those mares will eat the Strategy), but I need something tastier to get two to eat their meds (they are on special feed) and to keep the stallion eating his senior feed.

Draft saved Draft deleted