Purina PetCare Company

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
p.s.a. from LBI ! On August 30, 2013, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company announced it is recalling certain lots of its Purina One Beyond Dog Food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.
The only product being recalled in this event is Purina ONE Beyond White Meat Chicken & Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food in the 3.5 pound bag size.

The affected product contains both a “Best By” date and production code shown below:

• Bag Size = 3.5 pounds
  • Best By Date = OCT 2014
  • Production Code = 31071083
  • UPC Code = 17800 12679
The “Best By” Date and the Production Code are found on the back or bottom of the bag.

Thanks Debby. I have signed up to get this recall information from the Dog Food Advisor by email some time ago.

If you have animals it would be beneficial to take the time to sign up for this service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgh. It's these recalls that make me keep making the wet food for our dogs, but the dry food can also be recalled. Very concerning, and I think under current laws, if you do go to court, the only compensation you can get Is what it would cost to buy a new puppy -- a/k/a to replace your pet. we all know you cannot replace a pet because to us, they are family. But from a commercial / business standpoint, there is probably little motivation to improve when most folks won't sue, and most pets are not really all that financially expensive. It totally stinks IMO.

me too Carol! it is very beneficial to know this stuff. On the links I post, at the bottom of every recall is the info. for anyone to sign up to have these delivered to their inbox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back