Puppy/dog show update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I have been meaning to update puppy pictures, but last week was a little stressful. One of the pups had some kind of trauma to her eye, and I was very thankful to have found her just after it happened, or I may not have noticed it until the next day. To make a very long, and very emotional, story short, she is doing well and we are hoping there is no permanent damage to her eye. But having to anesthetize a 2 week old puppy is not something I take lightly!!!!!!

Here is little Frankenpuppy….her eye is sutured shut to promote healing, and I had to try to keep stockings on her feet to stop her from possibly catching a claw in the suture.

IMG_9818.JPG

And the whole litter

IMG_9819.JPG

Thursday through today I was at a local dog show, where Mate-r (BISS Can GCH Am CH Esrohollow Radsprings Tuhmater Can/Am HT) and I won back-to-back Herding Group 4ths on Thursday and Friday!!! I've only gotten 2 other herding group placements, so that was a pretty exciting weekend (and a very nice ending to what started as a very bad week!!)!
default_smile.png

ELG_0091-Edit.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

~kathryn

How is pup with eye issue doing?Hope things are going better for little one.Keep us posted>Photos would be nice too.

She had the suture removed last week, but the third eyelid was still covering the eye. My vet opted to leave it for another week in hopes that the third eyelid would recede back to normal on it's own, rather than putting her under another anesthetic again at such a young age! She goes in tomorrow for another checkup. The third eyelid is almost back to normal, but….I think I have discovered what happened. There looks like there is a tear in the third eyelid, so I'm wondering if this was the initial cause of all the problems! The eye itself seems to be fine…..

Thanks for asking, and I'll post some pics of the whole crew (and another update on the eye) tomorrow!

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back