Puppy Brag

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
We trekked to the big city of Toronto (actually a Toronto suburb of Richmond Hill) on Friday for 3 days of showing. 2 of the 3 puppies were entered each day (in the same class), and Moxie even came out as a Special (finished Champion) today!

Friday did not turn out to be a good day. I drained the battery in my car waiting for a friend to show up, then we got our butts kicked in the show ring
default_sad.png
. Delilah came away with a Reserve Winner's B***h, Lainey didn't get anything.

Saturday, I had a good friend helping me show. She took Jane in the ring, and I had Lainey. Jane took Winner's B***h, and Lainey went RESERVE!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I couldn't believe it!!! Then Jane went on to take Best of Opposite Sex to a Male Special and went over a B***h Special!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
She also took Best Puppy. This was against the SAME competition as the evening before!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

It's not a great picture. My friend tried to set her up in the picture since she showed her, but I had dragged Jane out of her crate in a dead sleep, and she was a bit overwhelmed getting the picture done, so I had to set her up. This was the best we got....

JaneWB12.jpg

Today (Sunday), my good friend helped me again. Only this time I had Moxie entered as well as 2 pups. So we agreed, whoever didn't take Winner's would take Moxie in (of course there was a chance neither of the pups would take Winner's but that didn't come into play!! LOL). So, she had Jane again, and I took Delilah. Delilah ended up Winner's B***h, and Jane went Reserve. In for breed, and MOXIE took Breed over a Male Special who has multiple group placings, including a couple of Group 1sts!!!!!! My friend was SOOOOOOOOOO happy, as was I!!!!! And now she wants to Special Moxie some more!!! LOL
default_biggrin.png

Here's Delilah's win picture

DelilahWB1.jpg

Both Jane and Delilah have 2 points towards their Canadian Championships now!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Just a very proud momma (who looks awful in BOTH pictures!!!! Good thing people only really look at the dog!!! LMAO)!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Beautiful dogs!!! Congrats on all the wins!!!

What does it mean when you refer to "special"?

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOOO HOOO!!!!

Gotta get Lily going to the shows soon too!!

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

A special is a finished champion. That dog shows only in Best of Breed (or should, I guess it is legal to show in the classes). That allows the dogs that are not finished yet the chance at the points which are given for Winners. More points can be picked up if they go best of breed, group 1, and best in show.

Thanks everyone!!! I am having SOOOOO much fun with these dogs!! Best of all was the competition we beat over the weekend!!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jill, yes, a 'Special' is a dog that has gotten all the points required to finish their Championship. These dogs are usually 'Specialed' trying to get group placements for yearly breed points. So since the corgis are herding dogs, if they win Best of Breed, they go in the ring against ALL the herding dogs. Only 4 dogs are awarded Group Placements. The winner of Group goes on to Best In Show.

~kathryn

Congratulations, they are beautiful (and you do not look so bad as you think you do, you look very happy and proud, and rightfully so)!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Liz

Latest posts

Back