Pulled out of Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_c21

Reaction score
I just got home last night from MN state fair and was supposed to head to Tulsa from there. Monday night my horse decided to colic and was taken to the vet collage. That night I got sick and decided it was just to much. my dad drove down and picked me up. we were going to leave for tulsa tus morning. It was kind of disappointing as it was my last year as a youth but my horses health is more important to me. TO all those still going I wish you alot of luck, have fun, and see you all next year!

SHannon

Shannon dear , I'm so sorry to have had this hapen to you and your horse..course you're right your horse and your health come first..

I wish you tons of happiness and luck in your future endeavors!

Maxine

That's too bad.

I just went through the same thing. My mare colic'd badly out at the Eastern AMHA Regionals. I had planned on taking her to the AMHA Nationals.

She's fine now but I wouldn't even consider putting her through a long ride so soon.

You are in a boat with some very good company! There are a lot of us out here that have had similar things happen recently. I too am out of Nationals! I had the whole trip booked and lost deposits and fees. My stallion ran himself into our trailer and got a huge whelt on his chest. No showing for him anytime soon.

There are also several other West Coasters that are out due to injuries or illness in their horses.

I was fine until I looked at some pictures from Expo Square the other day, then it hit me that I was going to be missing all the fun. So, now, my husband and I are heading to San antonio, Texas to shoot in another National Championship. Doors close, another opens. I am sad, but it will be ok.

Best of luck to everyone going to Nationals!!

Stacy

Latest posts

Back