Public Apology

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
OK, I want to publicly apologize for my 'input' on these discussons!
sad.gif
I especially want to apoligize to Belinda and other 'Shetland' folks. I do tend to be rather passionate regarding this issue. I would like to make one thing clear. I love ALL horses, big, little, fat, skinny....well, you get the idea.
yes.gif
I also want to say that I do like the look of the Classic Shetland. My husband owns a few, and I will probably be showing one next year in performance. I still stand behind my conviction that 'newbies' would be better off beginning with a Miniature.
wink.gif

Belinda has some of the most georgeous Shetlands I have ever seen.
wub.gif
I have defended her many times when some folks have said she's gonna win, no matter what. When you have the best, you should win. I have written a personnal, very long apology to Belinda. At my age, I just want to 'live and let live' so I have decided that the best thing for me to do is leave this subject alone, as I am still very passionate about it. I need to read some good books anyway and quit spending so much time on the computer. I can put a lot of that time into loving on my horses!

Thank you for allowing me to enter your conversations. Until I can become the person that can 'take things with a grain of salt' (which, unfortunately, I don't see happening at my age
laugh.gif
) I will bow out and get a life without the computer.

Pam

We all learn, by ALL and everyone's opinion, including yours!!!!!!! Reading other opinions is a way for us to access information we wouldn't other wise think of. Then we'd ALL be closed minded with no help of improving!

If you are offering an apology, there should be about 25 others follow suit. BUT, you shouldn't apologize for how you feel or what you think, and I personally didn't see you attacking or being mean.
biggrin.gif
It's okie dokie!

[SIZE=14pt]Pam never appologize for anything you believe..... I am one of the most outspoken here and I wont appologize for my convictions either. I have appologized for my bad behavior at times but not what I believe in. just the way I said it.Dont go away. If people only said what they thought was politically correct there would be no discussion.[/SIZE]

Lyn

well for what it is worth- that is a very mature thing to do hey well sometimes we all have to agree to disagree

Pam please don't be so hard on yourself. Passion about your beliefs and ideas is commendable and I didn't see that what you said was mean spirited although I did sense your frustration. It's ok to see things a different way and you shouldn't feel like you can't be candid. Regardless though, I do think you are very gracious to apologize, especially publically. It takes a big person with a big heart and sensitivity to others feelings to do that.

Pam,

Except for my brief post bragging on one of my babies from this year, I stayed out of that debate. I know my temper and my mouth
shutup.gif
wink.gif

See ya Wednesday!

Well I haven't even read the thread BUT I will!

As has already been said. I think it is a shame you feel you have to apologize for strong opinions. If you said something mean or harsh then that is great you can apologize but for your opinion I don't think you should have to.

Strong opinions need to be heard, they make you think!

I don't know the first thing about this topic but I surely won't learn if everyone agrees and says how wonderful everything is!!

I admire your attempt at humility, that is always good!!!!!!!!!

Now I will go read the thread!

Pam,

We are all entitled to our opinions and you were not out of line voicing yours as far as I was concerned. It to me was just a good healthy discussion.
wink.gif
You are right Life is WAY TO SHORT to take all of these discussions personal
wacko.gif

Thanks so much for the comments on the Shetlands that I show, We work very hard to present a Horse or Pony to the best of it ability. I have been very lucky to have some wonderful clients that have incredible horses /ponies for me to show.
firstprize.gif

Look forward to seeing you next week at Tulsa
saludando.gif

Belinda

Well lets start another breed of Shetland then with many Shetlands being breed to Hacneys lets just make a new breed called Shackneys..
no.gif

Ah Pam, We need people like you ...people that really care are always needed to make a discussion good. Hugs, Mary

horsefeather said:
OK, I want to publicly apologize for my 'input' on these discussons! 
sad.gif
    I especially want to apoligize to Belinda and other 'Shetland' folks.  I do tend to be rather passionate regarding this issue.  I would like to make one thing clear.  I love ALL horses, big, little, fat, skinny....well, you get the idea.
yes.gif
  I also want to say that I do like the look of the Classic Shetland.  My husband owns a few, and I will probably be showing one next year in performance.  I still stand behind my conviction that 'newbies' would be better off beginning with a Miniature. 
wink.gif
Belinda has some of the most georgeous Shetlands I have ever seen. 
wub.gif
    I have defended her many times when some folks have said she's gonna win, no matter what.  When you have the best, you should win.  I have written a personnal, very long apology to Belinda.  At my age, I just want to 'live and let live' so I have decided that the best thing for me to do is leave this subject alone, as I am still very passionate about it.  I need to read some good books anyway and quit spending so much time on the computer.  I can put a lot of that time into loving on my horses!

Thank you for allowing me to enter your conversations.  Until I can become the person that can 'take things with a grain of salt' (which, unfortunately, I don't see happening at my age 
laugh.gif
) I will bow out and get a life without the computer.

Pam

458642[/snapback]

Forget apoligizing as this is exactly what a forum is for. I would like to commend everyone who has taken the time to respond to some very lively topics lately and would truly like to see more of them. We are all coming together for the love of the horse from many different directions. No one is right or wrong if they are true to their convictions and I feel some of the topics I have learned a lot from.

Let's keep topics coming that encourage lively debates!!!!!

Latest posts

Back