Proposals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
First I have to tell you guys my sad story. Hart has cut me off the Formun. He isn't up yet so I'm sitting here in the dark. He says the snow is coming and if I want to take another week off to go to Branson, I had better get off the Formum and get my work done.

But , I have to add guickly that I think that proposals are great, but I know from first hand, that our directors in AMHR anyway, are very cautious and careful people, and they are not going to rush into anything without proof and alot of thought. So just because a whole bunch of us on the formum think something is a great idea, they will want study and proof.

There is one thing that I feel is very important however, and I hope that both our AMHR and AMHA directors will consider it sometime.

That being close assoiciation we now have between AMHR and AMHA. So many of our horses are doubled and it is such a hassle with paper work being have to sent in at different times.

Just little things like the different stances of the pictures would save so much work when sending the reg. in. And at what time the horse reaches maturity. I personaly don't care when it is, Please just make it the same.

I get so mixed up and seems like I am always forgetting something.

Oh-Oh, I think he is waking up. Later, LaVern

He, went out to check the heifers, so must ad. In AMHA, it does seem odd to me that they are not considered mature until they are five years of age, but it is okay to breed them at one.

Just remember it is to late for any new proposals to be brought up at this years Convention. Start working now on what you want to bring up in 2009.

I posted this on the other wicket thread

I have had many of my horses measured with a wicket. IMO this will make no difference in the current problems. It doesnt matter what you measure WITH there will always be a way to cheat. The real problem is there are no consequences to people measuring or the person putting the too big horse in front of the steward. As long as no one is held responsible the problem will continue no matter what you measure with

So I just dont think a proposal to change the stick will make any difference. Just enforce the rules that are there but somehow we just cant seem to do that in any registry

I agree with Kay kay...I am, and I am absolutely certain many others are, capable of measuring a horse with an ordinary measuring stick and getting it right!!!

We really, really do not need a new device, we just need the rules that are already in place to be enforced!!!

But this isn't something new...but from what has been said...is the old measuring tool. Wonder why it went out of favour and the stick that is now used...came in?
default_unsure.png

I talked to one of our most liked and well respected trainers that was showing when they used to use them, and asked him why they stopped using them and he said, "because they worked."

I also feel that alot of people can do a good job of measuring, with the stick we have now and that our stewards honestly try to get right on measurments, but I also know that some people that take their horses to be measured are VERY GOOD at it. Our stewards are trained to be honest and helpful and some people train and practice to be dishonest.

I don't know if I think it is worth changing things, I just know that I want to get a wicket for my own use.

Maybe, if we advertized Wicket Measured. Maybe if we said, " Come visit, Use my Wicket to measure anything you want" Maybe if we invited people to come measure our horses at shows with our Wickets. " Here is my Champion Horse, You are all invited to measure it so there will never be any doubt."

Maybe if you ask, someone if you can measure their sale horse with a Wicket and they get upset you should run like the wind.

Maybe when you buy a horse over the internet you should ask," Has he been Wicket Measured?"

Just goofy ideas, but I think just the word Wicket would scare the pants off some of our offenders.

Latest posts

Back