Problems breeding with a stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniluver

Reaction score
To my mini horse friends and breeders, I need some advice with a problem I am having breeding one of my stallions. He is having problems getting his hand in the glove, so to speak. I have tried helping him but sometimes he stops because I am touching him, other times by the point I can get the mare and my self situated he is too big to fit easily in the correct space. He ends up finishing before he ever gets inside. Is there some kind of shoe spoon(wink,wink) to help guide him. He is 4 years old and I have tried breeding with him many times but never realized why he wasn't getting mares in foal. Usually I had been just throwing the mares in with him or was at the head of the mare. I do tape the tails of the mares but never realized what must have been happening all those times. I have mares that I am going to miss this cycle if I can't figure out what to do. Please help ASAP.

I had a stallion that had that same problem. This is what worked with him.

The mare was tied or held by someone other than me. I would stand at the side of of her rear end and hold her wrapped tail to the side out of his way. As soon as he mounted I had to literally use one finger to "push/point" him a little further down... I learned that if I tried to literally just grab then he would feel it and give me a look like I was a pervert and then get off of the mare...The" one finger manipulation" he did not notice as much. When he did notice he would dismount and i would simply wait for him to try again. He did finally figure out how to do it on his own but not until the next year and i must say he was never very good at aiming.

Hope you figure out how to handle
default_new_rofl.gif
your boy and get the job done.

man I can understand what you mean our 28.5" stallion has a bad aim

and I have to stear him while holding the tail aside

I just use the side of my hand and touch as little as possible

seems to work the best to push him a little towards the X lol

Thank goodness our 2nd stallion can do things all by himself

its a break for me

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found the best way, is to have the person at the head of the horse, hold the tail. This leaves the person at the other end, with one hand to hold the lead rope if necessary and the other to 'guide'.

Lizzie

how about sum lube on her to help when you guide him to slip in with out to much handling

NO LUBE. Good way to penetrate her anally.

When you use your hand, use a FLAT hand (don't grip his penis). Place your hand above his penis, and deflect it down to the center to upper half of her vagina. Try to prevent him from hitting the sides of her hip, rather, allow him to touch her vulva instead. He should thrust forward when he feels pressure. If you grip his penis, he'll think he's inside her already and start flaring, very commonly ejaculating outside of her.

Latest posts

Back