Printer recommendations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
I bought a new computer last fall with Windows 7, so its not 100% compatible with my old printers (one quit communicating with the computer recently, and will not reload or anything; the other works for most things but I can't use all its features).

I mostly use my printer for printing eBay invoices and shipping labels and occassional photos. One of my current printers has copy/scan capabilities which is nice, but I don't know if I absolutely need it.

So do any of you have printers you just love? Or how about printers you absolutely hate, so I should just stay away?

Any help would be appreciated.

I bought a HP all in one printer a year or so ago, of course they don't make the exact one now. I am very happy with the quality of pictures it produces and is very fast. My hobby in photography is leading me in to retail so need very good quality and works great with my computer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my HP 6310 All in One.It does great photos and everything I do with it.I have always had HP printers&really like them.

I too like the HP photo printers, only problem is they eat ink even when not in use. But they have the best photo printing for registration pictures.

I too like the HP photo printers, only problem is they eat ink even when not in use. But they have the best photo printing for registration pictures.
I don't know how, but I think you are right, I just put a new cartridge in my printer that no longer communicates with my computer. Black was empty, color showed 1/2; printed one picture and it was green, looked at the gauge and it showed color about empty too, put in the new color and it printed just fine.
default_rolleyes.gif

My computer is a Dell, so I chatted with Dell about Dell printers, but I've heard their ink is rather expensive. My two current printers are both HP, and until I got the new computer, I've been happy with both. I looked on the HP website, but really couldn't decide which to investigate further, even using their help me choose link. Luckily I'm not in a hurry, so perhaps the suggested printers will go on sale for a really good price and help me decide.
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png

Thanks for your input, more would be great.

I have been a fan of HP printers for a long time. The one I replaced this year still works just fine, but I needed one that could do everything, so I bought a HP Officeject Pro 8500A. Its cheap on ink and the quality is great. I can email fax with it, which is what my other printer wouldn't do. This is the one I recommend.

I have been a fan of HP printers for a long time. The one I replaced this year still works just fine, but I needed one that could do everything, so I bought a HP Officeject Pro 8500A. Its cheap on ink and the quality is great. I can email fax with it, which is what my other printer wouldn't do. This is the one I recommend.
Have you printed photos with it? If so, how does it do.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
At home, I have an HP 5610, which is probably not a current model. I've had it for years and love it. It's a combination printer, fax and copier and it sure had come in handy. Quality is good but of course, it's not fast like my office printers. But for home use, it's perfect. If I were to have to replace it, I would look for whatever the current HP model is that does the three different things (print, fax, copy). It was about $150... hard to go wrong with an HP in my opinion, and I own several higher end HP's at the office.

I tend to buy inexpensive printers and my newest one (a couple months old) is a Dell. I like this one just fine. It's an all in one printer. Printer, copier, scanner. It's doing a really good job printing photographs.

We have an Epson (Stylus, scanner/printer) and I have to say I have LOVED their customer service. We had a printer break, it was an outdated model, and they simply shipped us a brand new model free of charge!!! I have had an issue with an ink cartridge too, and they were extremely helpful.

I often become a loyal customer for companies that have good customer service, sometimes it makes all the difference no matter how good or bad the products are!

Andrea

I always check with consumer reports. Have had pretty good luck doing that.

Do however have an HP because the ink is cheaper.

I always check with consumer reports. Have had pretty good luck doing that.

Do however have an HP because the ink is cheaper.
Thanks for the reminder. And, I think they are available on-line, now.

Yes I have printed pictures and no they are not professional prints, but they meet the needs just fine.

Latest posts

Back