Prices at Mount Airy NC Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knighthawke

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a friend that is going to be selling some horses soon and she is wonderin what the recent prices were at the sale.

I went to the New Holland Mini Horse and Donkey Sale yesterday and there was some nice bred mares with A and R papers

go thru at $300 to $500.

There was a pretty appy yearling filly was probably going to be B size go for $700 and a appy stallion that was a 1/2 brother go for around $600 and he was an AMHR national Champion Color stallion very pretty and broke to drive.

But alot of nice horses going dirt cheap.

I was wondering about the last MT Airy Sale.

I need prices on average

AMHA only mares

AMHR only mares

AMHA/AMHR double reg mares.

B size mares

Also weanling colts

B size stallion

Double reg stallion.

Any input would be great.

I am not trying to sound snied, but IMHO New Holland is not the place try to get a good idea of what horses are going for. I'll pick up halters there or sell my old tack, but that is it. I come home, dissenfect my shoes, shower and change before I even go near my barn.

Carolyn

I agreee!!! I bought some tack and a really nice leather show halter. The prices were poor but that is expected. I did help to save a horse! It got caught up in the tie and was stuck around the panel. It was so scary!!!

You dont have to tell me. I wouldnt even think of taking my horse to that sale.

I personally have cut prices on some of my horses because I would rather take a little less money than deal with taking them to a sale. I have seen colts go so low by the time they paid consignment and commisions at some sales that they barely made anything. Let alone with the cost of gas some people if they only had one horse ended up loosing money.

Barb

You dont have to tell me. I wouldnt even think of taking my horse to that sale.

I am glad to hear that. Again, IMHO it is not a place that enforces good "horse" practices. I don't like horse auctions, it is always buyer beware, but there ARE mini auctiuons out there that would not allow these TYPE of sellers to come back.

When was there a New Holland sale? I thought it was on the 23rd. I dont go by thoose prices either. Although I have picked up a couple of good horses there. But you have to be real careful. Lorie

Back